Johnny
Lv 5
Johnny asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Are The FDA and USDA finding ways/excuses to make people not have their own backyard gardens to grow food?

Our government is clearly protecting Big Businesses like Monsanto, etc.

13 states already have veggie libel laws.

Agriculture subsidies.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture showed that higher soda taxes would drive down obesity, but despite such a levy raising much-needed public revenues, Colorado’s newly Republican House is pushing legislation to create a special budget-busting sales tax exemption exclusively for soda.

Georgia Legislature’s are intensifying the inequity with a bill to create a regressive sales tax on food that would then finance a brand new corporate tax cut.

Missouri state Sen. Jane Cunningham’s proposal to eliminate child labor laws would allow corporations to employ any kid under 14 and would terminate restrictions on the number of hours that kid can be forced to work.

When?

Update:

Einsteins!

Lobbyists, patronages, special interest groups, etc.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

FDA is a thug group which spends most of their time trying to bust natural medicine, while approving all sorts of chemicals that will only make you sicker. The FDA also approves of illegals picking the vegetation and not washing their hands in the fields while picking HELLO ECOLI. And the USDA has thought pumping up beef with hormones was the way to go, and has thus screwed up our genetic codes and disrupted the natural balance. Its time to shut down the FDA and tell them where to go, and the USDA also needs to be disbanded, if they were so wonderful our beef would not have been banned from Japan.

• 9 years ago

A Senate Bill granting the Government the power to ban growing your own "unsafe and unregulated" food has already passed.

They are doing it to keep your food supply as safe as the medicines you get through the FDA regulatory system. You can't be trusted to provide for your family.

It is unlikely it will be strictly enforced except if you attempt to sell some of your produce to a neighbor, or trade it for what they produce.

• 3 years ago

i don't understand approximately your state by capacity of in my state their is the ninety 9 cent shop that sells packets of seeds for 17 cents a kit, in the event that they have not bought out. Walgreens often sells the 300 and sixty 5 days till now seeds in the event that they are not out of inventory for everywhere from 6 for a greenback or 10 for a greenback. some smaller nurseries will sell seeds from fifty 9 cents to 2.89 a kit, if I have been you i'd call the aforementioned and notice what they have and their expenses. for 6.50 you will be waiting to get the two 3-7 applications of tomatoes on the dearer shops or 3-10 applications of onions or 2-3 bags of onion gadgets, that have 10-25 onion bulbs in facet. If I have been you i'd purchase bulbs or tomato flowers quite in that it quite is already would and a million/2 the growing to be season is over with and if he flowers by capacity of seed he would possibly not even have time to have one good harvest. (tomatoes staring on the class have 2-4 seasons) determining to purchase onion bulbs cuts the growing to be time in a million/2 or maybe much less. additionally onion seeds are very stressful to advance in that usually a million/2 or greater do not erupt. With bulbs you recognize you have a great onion. With tomato flowers time would be cut back in a million/2 or much less and additionally while he harvests them he can get his very own seeds for the subsequent planting time. He will additionally staring on the size you get and sophistication, will nevertheless have time to have a million-3 seasons left in the 300 and sixty 5 days to reap. in case you besides the undeniable fact that what to stick to something that he can advance rapid and is waiting in a million-2 months, then purchase him: a million) turnips (a million-2 months) 2) radishes (1month) 3) summer season spinach (a million-2 months) 4) zucinni, yellow squash, criminal neck squash and so on... (2-3) months.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Big government wants regulations to control your life, and tax revenues to . . . control your life.

I would favor a tax and restrictions on people growing their own backyard foods. Backyard food money is as good as soda money, your know? It's all "much-needed public revenues".

Let's help everybody, including you, see that big government is stealing your money to fund departments that restrict your freedom.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Chin T
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Yes they are.

And more often it is the Democrats passing this stuff. However both sides do it which is a shame

lets all become Libertarian!

• Jay
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

The sources you cite are all republicans.

And at the state level.

What do they have to do with the FDA/USDA?

Source(s): Has backyard garden.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yes, this concerns me a lot.

• 9 years ago

No, they are not.

And I fail to see how a soda law has anything to do with your backyard garden.

• 9 years ago

I think you are very confused.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.