scene of a car crash..?

im writing a short story based around a car crash. any descriptions or ideas of noises or sounds etc.. what it feels like, emotions would be apprechiated.

Favorite Answer

This really mostly depends on what kind of car crash we are talking about...

Car crashes often happen faster than you can think and be very unexpected. The faster a car travels the faster the driver needs to react to a dangerous situation and at times the driver just doesn't have enough time to do anything so emotions can include: panic, fear, adrenaline release, sadness and depression (after a crash); in some extraneous cases the release of adrenaline prior to the crash can cause the crash itself, people with anger issues can have road rage or manic spells that lead to the crash itself.

The sorts of noises you will likely hear are: motor noise (revs), screaching tires (when breaks are applied), breaking glass, metal colliding, heavy breathing, heart beat., screams ( from victims/ bystanders), car horns; if you are going to write the short story from the perspective of a bystander than heavy breathing and verbal panic are probably the most common

Feelings: The feeling of 'G-forces' when a car rapidly accelerates or stops, pain in varying degrees, numbness, shock, stupper, accelerated heart beat, fear, cuts and bruises.

When I learned to drive (which I still am) I often imagined a car crash in ultra-slowmotion and think what I would do if the situation would occur. The idea of explicitly describing the event of a car crash in great detail and slow motion is interesting to me and the melancholy elements from the film 'Donnie Darko' enter my mind; describing what goes through the driver's, passanger's, victim's, bystander's, friend's, relative's head while exploring the impact of this occurance, the cause of it, the irony, the cynisicm and the intentions.

Good Luck!

Iv never been in a car accident personally...so how about I just describe what happens afterwards.

Initially, the occupants would be confused, then depending on their condition the would begin to behave differently. In general those hurt badly would be quiet and subdued, the ones hurt but not in life threatening ways probably screaming, those not hurt either panicking or sitting tuning it out.

5 - 30 minutes later (depending on the location) the first emergency services start arriving on scene, usually the ambo's are first. After initial triage the ambo's will start treating patients, the most serious first - having to ignore those who are screaming to treat those who aren't making much noise - if they can scream the airway is clear and they are breathing.

By now the fire service has arrived, and the fire commander talks to the ambo to find out what their priorities are. It may be that they just need some help managing patients - or maybe an extrication is needed. While the oic is talking to the paramedic one of the firefighters is organising fire protection, maybe a charged hose line or maybe just a large extinguisher, depending on the threat. The other two are stabilising the vehicle with wooden blocks.

If the paramedic decides he needs better access to the casualty, or the casualty is trapped, the firefighters will need to lay out the cutting gear near the crash site. Popping the bonnet and disconnecting the battery will isolate SRS systems which can be accidentally triggered by the cutting tools. First to go is the side wall. After covering the casualty with plastic sheeting (soft protection) and shielding them with with acrylic boards (hard protection) all the windows are broken, the glass is collected, and the seatbelts are cut. Using hydraulic spreaders firefighters pop the back door off its lock. Using the shears (jaws of life) the top of the B pillar is cut (this produces a loud bang), and a small cut is put into the base. Using the spreaders in the small cut at the bottom, the entire B pillar is ripped from the sill, and the whole side wall of the car folds forwards on the hinges of the front door.

If for instance, the entrapment is due to the dash coming down onto the casualties legs, the next tool used will be a hydraulic ram (after putting some relief cuts into the base of the A pillars) to lift the dash up.

Once the casualty can be properly accessed, they will be immobilised in a full body extraction splint (known as a Kendrick Extrication Device, or KED for short) and moved onto a backboard, and from there to the ambulance gurney. In most countries the patient will be transported to the hospital without lights and sirens...however I believe in the US they often would .

Excuse me if this doesn't make much sense, I'm writing this at 1 in the morning so cut me a bit of slack lol.

Source(s): Firefighter