James M asked in TravelIndiaChennai · 10 years ago

How can I go to Velankani Temple in south from Chennai Central railway station?

My family is planning to visit the famous velankani temple in south but we are not aware how we can go about it since we are going to visit the holy shrine for the first time. Therefore anyone could help us how we need to go there (or reach there) after getting down at chennai central railway station. also give information on the hotels nearby (which are at reasonable rates). Please help me with this info as it is very important. Thank you all and god bless you....

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Yesh
    Lv 5
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Travel: Train is the best means of transport.

Distance is 400 Kms.

Train: 16175 NAGORE EXPRESS

Rs.184 (Sleeper)

Accommodation: The church management provides lodging facility at a very affordable cost, while there are many other private promoters also into hotel business in this town. For availing church lodging facility - one should stand on queue in the counter to book a room and rooms are always provided on first come first served basis depending on the vacancy. Private Hotels provide advance booking. Single rooms to cottage houses are available in plenty. Care should be taken while opting for private economy class lodges as few may run brothel.

During the month of January, April, May, June, August, September, December and during every Friday, Saturday and Sunday - getting an accommodation is a tough job, as lots of pilgrims pour-in here.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

http://www.holidayiq.com/Trains-From-Chennai-To-Ve...

ninga eintha website visit panininganna it will help

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.