Poll: Have you ever gotten a ticket in the mail from a red light camera?

Bq: How much was the fine?

I got one because i made a right turn on a red light -____- i was approaching it when it was yellow going under the speed limit but to fast to stop and it turned red right before i made the turn and the cross traffic was making a left and u turns are not allowed there.

Bqq: Do you think i can fight it and win?

Nope no sign my dad and two other people that i know of got one there. My dads was $370 that is more than two weeks pay for me :/ i have responsibilities and i cannot afford this ticket

Best Answer

no. i aunt did when we were on vacation in florida though XD she was not happy

Yes, about 5 yrs ago in California (San Diego). It cost $364 if I just paid for the ticket outright or $384 + $19.95 if I take a driving class so it won't show up on my record. I did the $384 + $19.95 so my insurance wouldn't go up. I was able to do it on the computer at home. Now I drive like a little old man.

Very hard to fight, especially if the red light camera is using digital video tape and not snap-shot photographs.

As of Jan 1st, 2011 the price for red light tickets are now a minimum of $450 and up.

• Mary C

Depending on the camera angle, you might be able to say that you were already into the turn when the light turned yellow/red. Perhaps, a sudden stop would have caused the car behind you to plow into you. You will just have to 'tap dance' and convince the judge!

Good luck!

I'm afraid your in a catch 22. You're 22 and they caught you. he he he

Pay the fine. Should have slowed to a proper speed in case you need to make a sudden stop when getting near an intersection.

• Elle

Was there a sign that said "No turn on red"?

• Bo-Sox

Basically there the worst thing invented. Just another way for people to monitar us to make sure were being "good"

Source(s): FTP!!!

itshard to get rid of tickets like tht...no matter how hard u try to fight it..

yup, i threw it away and nothing ever happened

no but my grandma did. she was maddddd lol

• nahhhh :D

umm...maybe?