Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesHonda · 9 years ago

1999 Honda Accord stalling... HELP?

n My 1999 Honda Accord Has A Stalling Problem. At First It Was When I Came To A Stop Light, My Car Would Stall And All Of My Lights Would Come On As If I Didn't Completely Turn Over The Key. All I Had To Do Was Put It In Park, Turn It Off, And Restart And She Was As Good As New. Then, My Car Would Stall Here And There While I Was Driving On The Express Way. It Wouldn't Putter Or Anything. It Would Simply Lose Electricity (except Not Because My Lights Were On, My Stereo Was On, And My Key Light Was Blinking. However, My Speedometer Was At Zero MPH And My Miles Were Black) Again, Just Break, Put The Car In Park, And Start It Back Up. TODAY, My Car Went Crazy! I Replaced The Spark Plugs Two Days Ago And She Ran Like A Dream. She Wouldn't Even Shake While Idling. We Stopped At A Red Light And My Speedometer Went Crazy, Jumping To 100 MPH To 10 Then Back Up Although I Was Parked. We Turned It Off, And It Wouldn't Start Back Up Like Normal! The Only Way She Would Keep Running Is To Keep The Gas Pushed Down. As Soon As Your Foot Was Off Of The Gas, The Car Didn't Idle At One, It Went Straight To Zero And Turned Off, But The Lights Inside The Car Stayed On, Just Like I Hadn't Turned The Key Over. Someone Suggested There Was Water In The Gas, So I Bought Something For It And Let It Sit For Three Hours. After The Three Hours, It Turned On And Still Idled A Bit, But It Ran. Two Hours Later, It Turned Right Back Off On The High Way But Didn't Go Crazy. HOWEVER It Took A Good Four Times And Revving Up The Engine In Order For It To Stay On. HELP!

• car253
    Best Answer

Try the Alternator. Sounds electrical.

Source(s): Not a mechanic.

It may be a problem with the ignition switch. The best way to check is to remove the lower cover behind the steering wheel and wiggle the part that bolts to the back of the tumbler where the key goes in if bad or loose the car will stall.

• butlin

the ordinary wrongdoer is the idle air administration valve. in keeping with possibility you will possibly desire to bathe it returned! the main elementary different fault is the battery cables. do away with them and clean them at the two ends. At this age, you're ideal off to in user-friendly terms replace them as a be counted of path. Use in user-friendly terms genuine Honda cables! Voltage drops for the period of electric powered circuits can act like this. skill wash the finished engine, fantastically the area between the radiator and the A/C condenser. This section consistently collect highway debris, leaves, bugs, and inhibits appropriate air bypass. this might reason stalling. Technician the two positioned the incorrect ignition swap in, or positioned it in incorrect. The accessory place might desire to enable the radio to play. possibly he did no longer floor the hot swap to the guidance column. sturdy luck!!

• Erika

the nicely-known wrongdoer is the idle air administration valve. possibly you could clean it back! the main ordinary different fault is the battery cables. get rid of them and clean them at the two ends. At this age, you're maximum suitable off to in basic terms replace them as a count of direction. Use in basic terms real Honda cables! Voltage drops in the time of electric circuits can act like this. skill wash the comprehensive engine, fantastically the area between the radiator and the A/C condenser. This section continually deliver jointly highway debris, leaves, bugs, and inhibits ideal air bypass. this would reason stalling. Technician the two positioned the incorrect ignition change in, or positioned it in incorrect. The accessory place could enable the radio to play. possibly he did no longer floor the hot change to the steerage column. solid luck!!

The computer is fried.