Paying Pet Deposit - Landlord Unresponsive?

I made several attempts to contact my landlord about getting a dog and paying the pet deposit. I started calling two weeks prior to actually getting the pet and the landlord was unresponsive. I now have the dog and the landlord has finally responded indicating that the breed (Jack Russell Terrier) is... show more I made several attempts to contact my landlord about getting a dog and paying the pet deposit. I started calling two weeks prior to actually getting the pet and the landlord was unresponsive.

I now have the dog and the landlord has finally responded indicating that the breed (Jack Russell Terrier) is restricted. My lease does not provide any information on breed restrictions - apparently that is in a separate addendum that I would sign when paying the pet deposit. I have personally never heard of Jack Russell Terrier being a restricted breed for any apartment, and didn't even consider this as an issue when picking a dog breed.

I am not really sure what to do at this point, and am wondering if anyone has any advice or has dealt with similar circumstances.
Update: Thank you for your responses thus far - I should have stated that I understand that I have no legal reason to be able to keep the dog on the property, perhaps my frustration with my property manager's poor communicaiton skills made that unclear. I am seeking some information around the best way to negotiate and/or... show more Thank you for your responses thus far - I should have stated that I understand that I have no legal reason to be able to keep the dog on the property, perhaps my frustration with my property manager's poor communicaiton skills made that unclear. I am seeking some information around the best way to negotiate and/or terminate the lease in these circumstances.

For the record Jack Russells are only problem dogs when they do not recieve the attention and exercise that they need. Pretty much any breed of dog is a potential problem if the owner does not understand and address their unique needs...