Why do atheists get so angry?

Let's try this again.I asked this question a while ago and i was jumped. i jokingly used bad grammar and was ripped for it.This time iam not going to fool around and just be straight forward.I guess i asked wrong.

iam agnostic.Some of them seem to get angry for no reason except that i asked this question.And i ask it because the ones that answered and answer on other ones were insufficient. Now please be adults If you are atheist and not angry person iam not talking about you. Iam talking about the ones that get mad to where they can't answer a simple question and only cause me to answer again.

Iam waaay beyond about how theists do it to. i have experience in that, but not with atheists.Iam merely curious.And the thing is it is not even really most religons. Just christianity and islam.

if you all want examples google this question.

And to remey i didn't capitalize the i's on purpose. My grammar is fine

steven,lucky,digger and the dude with aisan letters thank you.I understand now.

To the rest of you who are above digger. you all can go **** yourselves.

• rowlfe
    Favorite Answer

YES, I am a non-believer. My problem is with claims made by religion, ANY religion. Religion says 1) that there is a god, and 2) that scripture is the word of god. My problem lies in the words said. There is no proof that their statements have a basis in fact instead of fiction. I take religion seriously. I do not poke fun at what people choose to believe. I do NOT get angry. I see religion as simply a huge waste of time. However, the time is yours to waste. And under the 1st amendment, you can do as you will with religion just as I can do as I will to NOT believe what YOU do. All I want is for you to back your claims. Show me a reason WHY I should believe YOU when you speak these claims. If this were a charge of murder, you would want to see a smoking gun in addition to the words. Words alone are insufficient to make the case, simple hearsay. Religion says their scripture is what proves there is a god and I say, words alone are hearsay and prove exactly nothing. I am not trying to talk you in to or out of anything. I am looking for the truth in the matter. I just see no evidence in the here and now that supports the claims of any church regarding god. Until I see a reason to believe, I choose to NOT believe. I was not born with a belief in a deity. If the stories in scripture are to be believed, then your god is an evil dictator, a tyrant who rules by fear. In essence, god says BELIEVE IN ME OR ELSE. Isn't it the fate of all non-believers to suffer eternal torment? Not only us non-believers, but all other religions as well? I mean, in the christian religion, what happens to Jews? Muslims? See what I mean? Religions all are separate unto themselves and each condemns all others including non-believers like me, though each and every religion says the same crap about being an all-loving, all-forgiving, all-knowing god. Like I said, dictator, BELIEVE IN ME OR SUFFER. How many tyrants do you know who are worshiped by the people? People choose what they want to be3lieve. For ME, I choose none of the above... If there IS a god as claimed by religions all over the world, all I want is something more than just the words they repeat over and over. Show me the smoking gun that makes the case for god...

When you've been asked the questions about why there are still apes around, why we aren't murdering people since there are no gods to punish us for "immorality" (although "widening" a young boy is somehow considered ok with some), Pascal's Wager, a ton of logical fallacies, the peanut butter argument against evolution (or, as some who actually know what they're talking about will claim, abiogenesis), the banana argument, the Crocoduck, Kirk Cameron in general.. The list goes on and on, and you'd be pretty sick of answering once more.

Also, you've got right-wingers like Ann Coulter, Bush, Bill O'Reilly and many more (I'm not American, so I'll leave the listing to them) who claim we're not patriotic because they've made a conscious decision to believe in a deity they've grown up with..

@Stephen K: You said it exactly how I wanted it to sound. Great work, and a thumbs up for you!

Let's just say that atheists in general (we're more diverse than any other group, and of course I'm including agnostics here) are nice people, but sick and tired of being treated like second-class citizens because we don't blindly obey.

Many atheists are atheists for good reasons. Many had faith, but reached a crossroads where they needs God's loving hand to help them and it did not come.

Others found the rituals without merit and it came off more as a ventriquilist and his dummy. He says one thing, you parrot back the reply.

Whatever their reasons, they get tired of being attacked. They tire of being told by a 'compassionate Christian' that as the atheist roasts in the fires of Hell for all eternity for their denial of God, they will be in heaven, looking down and laughing at their plight. (And I read this as part of an answer on this very aite)

No body deserves to or wants to hear that, so they atheists have a chip on their shoulder. Then they go on the defensive and attack those people of faith, and now it gets ugly, with either side hurling epithets and scorning the other until meaningful dialogue is impossible

• Remy

1.) I don't get angry most of the time unless people are intolerant.

2.) You still used terrible grammar.

• Caesar

Can you explain what you consider anger.... normally theist got a little angry and send us to hell...but angry atheist... for this insufficient question..

Very mature indeed, do those curses come with ketchup?

Peace

Source(s): Be the change that you want to see in the world.

You make me laugh.:) Why did you get so angry?

cause they start with the same letter

they think they can change the world by calling people ignorant and go crazy when their plan doesn't work

denial lol

• ?

I'm not angry, I'm passionate.