Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 9 years ago

how can I get my computer to recognise the pictures on my canon digital slr camera?

I've never had a problem with it before, I always use "ZoomBrowser EX" to put the pictures on the computer because it is the only way I can find to actually view the pictures on the camera. (which usually works)

There is a lot of pictures on the camera that you can see when browsing the pictures on the camera, the camera seems to be working normally, but now when I try and upload the pictures to the computer it recognises the camera, and waits for a moment before a message comes up that says that there are no images on the camera. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP I'm really worried.

Favorite Answer

when you plug the usb cable into your pc you should get a noise from the pc and a notice should come up NEW HARDWARE FOUND click on this and follow the options offered ,i went onto download Pict's to windows photo gallery instead of Zoom browser which i don't like ,windows will then download your pictures to photo gallery and" my pictures",all depends on which version of windows your using ,xp used to download direct to my pictures, but this pc has vista premium and it downloads to the Photo gallery.click on the help section and it will give you more info.also check that you have not set the camera to save photos ,it may prevent youfrom downloadind and pc will be unable to download or find

good luck.

alright, allow me to answer this question competently..... Be advised that I shoot Nikon and have for a while. Nikon, Canon, Sony, Olympus, Pentax, Samsung, Panasonic, Sigma, etc all make entry level cameras. Nikon, Canon, Sony, and Olympus make truly professional cameras (35mm format anyway) For the camera body, I like Nikon the best--the cameras feel good in my hands, and have excellent noise/signal ratio, and are very rugged. For video on a DSLR, I love Canon--they're the only ones who have gotten it right so far. They have a lot of glass, but it doesn't resolve above about 21mp, so it's not worth it for the professional bodies--you're losing out because the lenses are ALWAYS supposed to outperform the camera, not the other way around. Olympus has some of the nicest glass ever made. Period. their bodies are a little odd, and their professional camera is more of a pro-sumer camera, but they are excellent, nonetheless. Sony is a new contender in the market, but should not be taken too lightly... the a900/a850 are excellent cameras at amazing price points. The old Minolta glass is amazing, and the new sony glass is pretty nice too. They are definitely not for sports--for that, it's Nikon and Canon all the way, although the D3/D3S are definitely the winners in that arena... Pentax has AMAZING glass, but their bodies aren't really all that great from what i've heard... You can get a Nikon, Canon, or Sony setup for way less and the same or better quality for the most part... There is no BEST BRAND... the best brand can be thought of as the brand you buy. All the other brands become irrelevant when you buy into a brand. I bought into Nikon, and as much as I envy some of my friends' amazing L-series glass, I never fail to get the image with a Nikon 200mm f/2... go out, try out the cameras you like, and pick what feels best. That's the best answer I can give you... Unless you want something very specific like low noise in the dark, where Nikon is gonna be best, or the best glass, where you want Olympus, or if you want to be an elite user, you could always get a Leica... if i have to make one recommendation, get a Nikon. If you get decent lenses (AF-S lenses are awesome by the way dont listen to these other people) they'll work on the D3000 to the D3X and all the others, including most of the film cameras. Nikons are fast, and if you get a D300 or above, they're built like a tank. All the professional lenses are built that way too. You really can't go wrong with any of the brands, honestly. Just do what feels right, and don't look back.

• Rohn

There are two solution:

1. You can buy a memory card read as most have suggested and look for the photo in the folder.

2. This option is easier. Simply connect you camera to the PC using the USB chord. Then look under My Computer for virtual drive with camera name. Double click on it and then move to DCIM folder. And you get then transfer the JPEG files to your computer.

Rohn

Buy a $10 memory card reader for your computer and use that instead of connecting your camera directly to your computer.

You might switch ports, or try opening them in Adobe Photoshop, or if you have windows os, right click start, click explore and find the memory card that way.

are you uploading the photos by a USB cable or direct by a card reader?

if your using a USB cable try another one, it may be damaged

if your doing it direct by memory card reader insert it then go to my computer and click on the drive your card is active in, open it and it should display all your photos

• Elvis

if the card reader does not work

go to google

type photo rescue