Best way to send the invite?

We are having a destination wedding. Only inviting parents,siblings,grandparents, 5 few very close friends. & their significant others. (close friends as bridal party)

1 of my bridesmaids is engaged. But because of his work schedule he won't be able to come. (using his only 2 vacation days for their JP wedding/weekend honeymoon)

Normally I would send the Invite, Sally Smith & John Jones. (since they won't be married when the invites goes out) But is it ok to send the invite Sally Smith & Guest. OR send it Sally Smith & John Jones/Guest.

I don't want her to think its not ok for her to bring some one since her finance can't come. She had kinda mentioned possibly bringing a mutual work friend of ours. The friend she maybe bringing is not invited to our wedding. But I am good friends with her. Since it is a destination wedding my bridesmaid would be traveling alone & staying in a hotel room alone. She is not friends with my family or any one else in the bridal party. I think it would be weird for her to share a hotel room with them or travel the 13 hours by car with them.

How do I send the invite?

Money is also an issues with this bridesmaid. I know if she had some one to split the cost of travel (drive or fly) & hotel room with she would be sure to come.

I do believe that is why she hasn't ordered her dress yet.....

Best Answer

Send it to "Sally Smith and John Jones" because that's a way of making him feel included, even though he can't make it, but let Sally know by email or phone that's she's welcome to bring whoever she likes if John can't make it.

Sally Smith plus one if you don't mind if she brings another guest. Sally Smith and John Jones if you only want her fiance as her guest.

I think you should give her a plus one and let her bring whomever she pleases.

id say write Sally Smith & John Jones. you can just tell her that she can bring a different guest if he cant go.

if you know for a fact that her fiance cant make the wedding then '+ guest' is perfectly acceptable - just tell her that you know that he cant come and you still want her to bring someone because it is DW and you don't want her to be lonely or feel awkward

I agree with the first answer.

Put her Fiance's name on the invitation because HE really is the person being invited with her.

She is your bridesmaid...so I'm sure you can and do talk to her.

Tell her she is welcome to bring someone else if he can not make it.