Is it possible to code a DIV hover event to replace an image inside the container?

I'm currently working on building a website for a business my friend is starting up. I have four DIV containers created in an external CSS. Centered inside each container is a small image with some text beneath each. The designer wants those images to basically change color when the user hovers over the... show more I'm currently working on building a website for a business my friend is starting up. I have four DIV containers created in an external CSS. Centered inside each container is a small image with some text beneath each. The designer wants those images to basically change color when the user hovers over the container (not just the image). I have a total of eight images to be used: 4 original images and 4 images with the color changes applied. I'm having the toughest time trying to figure out a way to code this as I'm fairly new to this sort of stuff. I nearly had it all coded correctly but the hover image would appear behind the original. So if anyone has some suggestions that would be awesome!

Also if you need me to elaborate on anything, I can edit the post. Sorry if it's a little vague.
Update: Thanks I'll check out those items and see if anything has what I'm looking for. I didn't post my code because it's so jumbled and unorganized on account of me still changing it and not having anything solid to work with.
1 answer 1