pain after gallbladder surgery?

I had my gallbladder removed 10 days ago. Unfortunately I am still getting some of the pains I had before it was removed. My doctor said this happens sometimes. Does anyone else have experience of this and if so, do the pains stay with you or lessen over time? If the gallbladder is no longer there, where is the pain originating from? Is it normal to still have occasional symptoms of nausea? and I still feel very tired.

So grateful for any help.

many thanks

It's totally normal, it's been almost 5 months since I had my gallbladder removed and I still get the occasional twinge. It's kind of like muscle memory. Your body remembers what it used to do, the gallbladder would open and squeeze out the stomach acid it had stored. Now, however, your intestines are trying to replicate the movement, forgetting that there's nothing there anymore. It hurts because after 10 days you still have wounds inside that haven't healed. It will get better over the next couple months, less frequent and not as painful. I hope you feel better soon :)

Source(s): Personal experience

gastric spasms

Source(s): the voy