I need directions on how to replace the cartridge battery on pokemon soulsilver?

I bought it off a friend and really want to play it, but I know the battery might die soon because its so old. I want to just replace the cartridge battery and be fine for 10 years. I just don't know how to do it.

derp well I failed I just ment silver

interesting how a tiny error adds a whole bunch of confusion

Favorite Answer

you should take it to game-stop and have it looked at then they will hopefully take it to nintendo to replace the batteries

• coombe

do not think of those others. records on gameboy video games on the on the spot are actually not saved to the console. the internal battery keeps the save rfile energetic and the rfile would be long long gone in case you get rid of and replace it. it quite is why a cartridge with a ineffective battery holds no saved video games.

• Icon

DS games don't have batteries. Also the game is a little more than a year old at this point; are you talking about the original Silver game for the Game Boy?

i don't think there is a battery in the game.