guild wars beginner question?

well i was getting a little overwhelmed with the wow monthly fees, and anyways i wanna switch to guild wars, but i dont know anything about it, are the expansions stand alone games or adding on to your original, and if they are stand alone games, which one do you recommend?

Best Answer

Guild Wars Prophecies, Guild Wars Nightfall and Guild Wars Factions are all stand alone chapters in the Guild Wars Saga. You may buy them and play them individually, or you may choose to "stack" all of them on the same account as you acquire them so that your characters can travel to the various territories. There are also products like the Guild Wars Trilogy, which have all of the above listed campaigns encoded onto a single access key that you can buy all at once.

We also have one expansion, called Guild Wars Eye of the North. This is an extension of the Prophecies missions and requires that you have a game account with at least one of the above listed chapters.

Guild Wars (called Prophecies), Factions, and Nightfall are all separate games. If you have them all on the same account you can travel between them once you get to a high enough point in one, but they are not connected otherwise.

Eyes of the North, on the other hand, is a true expansion and requires one of the other games. You need to be near the level cap and far enough along in the main campaign to travel there.

Which of the three you start with depends on what you want. Prophecies has the best tutorial. Factions has the best PvP and gets you there the fastest. Nightfall has the very useful Hero henchmen. Factions and Nightfall also have additional classes. All the games have skills and equipment unique to them.

It should be possible to get all four games as a combination pack for less than you would get any one now. And as always with MMORPGs DO NOT BUY USED!

Guild Wars(Prophecies), Factions and Nightfall, are each a game by themselves and don't require anything else. Eye of The North requires Prophecies. But you can buy the three campaigns for like 30 dollars. Eye of the North you can find cheap too. I would recommend them all

They add on to the original. I would suggest waiting for Guild Wars 2 to come out before getting all into it. The exact release date isn't known yet, but it is coming soon.

Or just get the Eye of the North expansion and all is settled relatively easy.

i would like to say something i thing you can go with The Fight: Lights Out

If you're looking for a good workout, this game is it! I can't believe I was winded and sweaty after two fights. I only played about 30 minutes and I have no complain about the accuracy of punches and moves. I did jabs, hooks, uppercuts, etc, even tummy blows too. LOL. I was having too much fun plummeting my opponents. I have to throw real punches to be affective. My character did exactly what I did, but I noticed some of my punches didn't register. The reason could be my character hasn't level up enough to throw punches like Manny Pacquiao. Training modes help improve my attributes (strength, speed, stamina, etc). I know is too premature to write a review, so I'll stop here. My first impression is....WOW! This is fun giving someone black eyes without consequences. I wish I had this game when I was a kid, this game would prepare me to defend myself from a bully. j/k

• ordaz

money itself isn't an significant predicament different than you're making plans on paying for somewhat costly stuff in the procuring and advertising placed up. At point 5, you purely isn't procuring luxury stuff on the procuring and advertising placed up. make sure you consistently have an entire set of amassing instruments and assemble all the fabric nodes you notice. the fabric heavily isn't nicely worth a lot consistent with unit, inspite of the undeniable fact that in case you're moving hundreds of hundreds of things at a time you are able to desire to internet a honest volume of income. additionally, sell regardless of of actual nicely worth on the procuring and advertising placed up rather of to the distributors. You commonly won't make a lot added funds consistent with merchandise, a minimum of for the non-uncommon instruments, inspite of the undeniable fact that it would be an progression. the main obligatory approach to earn money in the early interest is to take part in recurring. Get into each and every dynamic map social gathering which you're able to have the skill to and participate to the 1st-fee of your features. The adventure and gold reward is greater beneficial than nicely actual worth the problem. -- As for ranges, do *now no longer* grind. Grinding is the least valuable approach to be triumphant in adventure. rather adventure from coronary heart to coronary heart, clearing them as you bypass. finished your individual quests as which you will, they are oftentimes nicely worth a point all by capacity of capacity of themselves. Explorer all the capital cities, which you would be able to conveniently score purely some ranges by capacity of making use of thoroughly exploring all of them. As for inner maximum quests, it truly is in maximum situations nicely worth clearing them as straight away as which you would be able to desire to....except by waiting a pair of greater stages you unencumber a sparkling utility slot. together as you diploma is pushed all the way down to adventure the quest this would not close unlocked slots, and having another utility skill can widely provide a advance on your features.

They aren't stand-alone games. You can travel between each.