Are remanufactured cv axles any good?

I have an Acura Integra and I'm planning a trip from Georgia to New York within the next month (car is fine) I replaced the right CV with a new one due to it was cheap and I work for Autozone. However, I need to replace my left now. Autozone only sales the reman version of this part. Are reman cv axles truly worth it or should I just shop around for a new one?

Favorite Answer

Re-manufactured cv axles are fine, they are put through rigorous tests before they are resold. Go to Napa, they have very good prices on reman cv axles.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Are remanufactured cv axles any good?

I have an Acura Integra and I'm planning a trip from Georgia to New York within the next month (car is fine) I replaced the right CV with a new one due to it was cheap and I work for Autozone. However, I need to replace my left now. Autozone only sales the reman version of this part. Are reman...

Source(s): remanufactured cv axles good: https://tr.im/eIRhY

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ayklR

CV axles are not expensive for what you get if you go with a rebuilt one. Call around part stores and get a price on a cv axle then call repair shops and tell them you already bought one you just decided you did not want to attempt to put it in. This will get you the best price on the part with out the repair facility making money on the part and make the repair facility competitive. Any ASE certified facility should be able to do this. A remanufactured part should cost you 90-130.00 if you have a everyday vehicle. And expect 1.5 hours of labor depending where you live and where you bring your vehicle that can be 50-120.00 a hour. Don't forget to call your local dealer they might be a bit more but they do have the best equipment.

Rebuilt Axles

A new one will cost you two to four times as much and won't necessarily last any longer. Go for the rebuilt and be happy.

• Pat

Reman shafts are worth it because a new unit is Hundreds of dollars and

will perform no better than a quality reman unit... save your money for the

trip and drive safely...

Source(s): ASE Master Tech

Unless there is not a huge price difference id go with the demand. I've used them on 3 different cars and.never had a problem.

• Karle

YES reman are as good as new......since the joint is NEW.....the shafts don't go bad\

** since u work at auto zone reman cv joint is like replacing u joint in a drive shaft....u replace the joint NOT the shaft...the shaft will last forever

Get reman it will do fine

if they are not chinese they will be fine