Anonymous

Cultures & Groups Survey Black and mixed Black women: What is your daily regime when it comes to your hair?

BQ- Are you a relaxed or natural and what is your hair length?

Also can you include what kind of products you use, how you maintain it, do you make your own natural foods (like eggs/ avocado,etc) products, how you wash it, watch good tutorial videos, etc?

BQ #2- Also what is your background (ethnicity)?

Favorite Answer

Today I woke up, put a cap on it in the shower and wrapped it in a knot/clip. Never brushed it once, and its raining outside, it got wet when I went out earlier but I don't feel well so I didn't do anything today, so I didn't do much to my hair.

I'm about to get in the shower, wash it, dry it, and then straighten it because I have class tomorrow and don't want to worry about it. I wash it a couple times a week. If it gets dry then I put olive oil in it and let it sit for a few hours and then wash it out with a lighter shampoo and good conditioner so it gets hydrated. Sometimes I soak it in honey so it gets shiny... I like natural hair things. I don't wrap or do anything to it at night either, nothing fancy to it. I'm more just laid back, not sure why it grows but I do love drinking milk and eating broccoli, lol.

The longest my hair got was 9th grade I'd put it in a high pony tail and the ends would slide along my shoulders and back. I have pics of me and it was very long -- & I hated it! lol. I didn't like to do it and my mom would force me to the salon every 2 weeks, but now I don't go to the salon. My hair is thick too, but so are my eyebrows & my arms were but I take it off so I thank god for razors, waxing and Indian eyebrow threading! (:

I flat iron it with something like "Chi" or whatever, idk. lol. I bought it for $10 on sale from $140 at Ross!

BQ: Its like to my mid back when straight, around that point. Its long. I don't mess with it much, no chemicals on it. Nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG_Tz2o1nic

Youtube thumbnail

TAKE YOUR VITAMINS!! All women of a certain age should be taking

1) Fish oil tablets daily

2) Vitamin E tablets (good for beauty and skin)

3) Calcium tablets

4) Prenatal Pills (for ALL women of a certain age, even if you don't want kids anytime soon, they're great for you)

Drink a lot of water! Get enough sleep. Eat well, don't stress too much. Keep hair hydrated.

Eggs, mayo, olive oil, apple cider vinegar for dandruff, lemon for shin, honey for shine and a slow dye, etc... I use "Pink" for hair lotion too after and before I straighten it - but not too much.

• Lynn

About a year and a half ago, I cut out all of the relaxer. So, I am now natural. In that time, my hair has grown just past my shoulders (very fast!). I wear protective styles, mainly sew-ins, much of the time to avoid using heat and stressing my hair. I do not use any natural foods nor do I make my own products. (I just prefer to keep it simple). I use Cantu and Creme of Nature products. I use Cantu leave in conditioner after washing (once per week). I use almond, coconut, olive, or jojoba oils to keep my hair moisturized especially around the edges.

Both of my parents are Black.

Here's a good youtube video for products and the type of hair I use for sew ins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O710p9eau0

Youtube thumbnail

I change it up every week. I will wear it natural one week and wear it straight the next. They both have to be managed so there is no getting out of that ;) lol.

BQ 1: My hair is probably 85% natural and the rest is relaxed ends (i'm getting the rest cut off in 2 weeks YAY!). When straightened my hair is a little below shoulder length.

BQ 2: I consider myself black but my father is biracial, so really i suppose i'm 75% black and the rest NA

Natural and Relaxed right now. I am growing out my natural hair.

I was my hair 1 every week. Every morning I spray my hair with leave in conditioner and I put Olive oil in my hair. I usually pull it back into a pony tail. Its pretty short right now. About neck length

I'm black

I usually wash my hair 3x per week and moisturize it daily. My hair is usually in a simple style like wash and go or a bun. I wear my hair straight sometimes too.

BQ: I'm natural and my hair is to below my brastrap. My hair is fine but looks thick.

BQ: Mixed, Black/White/Native American

BQ- Relaxed, I have a long neck, and my hair is slightly past collarbone length (in the back, it is at those two bones in your back) and growing fast. It feels soft and blows in the wind (unlike most people with relaxed hair).

I don't use any products except shampoo and deep conditioner. I go to a Dominican Salon (because they work with your hair better that Black Salons).

I maintain it by going to the salon once a week, getting it washed, deep conditioned, occasionally a touch up on my relaxer, dried under the hair dryer (the one you sit under) with rollers, then blow dried and flat ironed. I wrap my hair or pin curl it at night (Wrap hair around your finger and bobby pin it in place) at night and put a du-rag on it and in the morning I brush it (I never use a comb).

When my mom is too busy to wrap my hair I just put a satin head cap on, and sleep with a satin pillow case.

I don't eat anything special, but carrots or grilled chicken is good for your hair, because chicken is high in protein, which makes up hair. I like carrot cake, and my sandwiches for lunch at school is usually chicken.

BQ- #2- I am 55% Black, 25% Cuban, and 20% White.

Source(s): 13 year old. When I go to college I am going to go natural.
  • Love

Right now, my hair is natural but I usually straighten my hair. I change my hairstyle a lot so my daily regime is kind of irregular.

Edit: Black

• SA.™

Im natural.. my hair is very curly and thick..

I sometimes straighten it.. my hair is pass my shoulders, im about to cut it again.

I usually grease my scalp and i wash my hair every week or two.

Edit: Black/white/Italian

im mixed black/white/hawaiian and i wash my hair every day i put olive oil on my hair andd i straighten it sometimes or i just wash and go

wash and condition once a week.

i use cantu shea butter, no grease.

flat iron and use heat twice a month

wrap it up at night and dont sleep on it loose

somtimes i use olive oil

oh and i clip my ends monthly and my hair is shoulder length

Source(s): im fully black uhh why did i get three thumbs down?