Can rich civilians own disarmed fighter aircraft for use as recreational sport planes?

I now that this sounds like a dumb question for some of you. But if I was a multi millionaire. Would I be allowed to purchase an f-18 Hornet from Boeing that has no weapons systems and is completely disarmed. The aircraft would only be used for recreational flying. The aircraft could be very similar to the Blue... show more I now that this sounds like a dumb question for some of you. But if I was a multi millionaire. Would I be allowed to purchase an f-18 Hornet from Boeing that has no weapons systems and is completely disarmed. The aircraft would only be used for recreational flying. The aircraft could be very similar to the Blue Angels F-18's that have no weapons and are disarmed. Yes I know it would cost over $60,000 dollars to fully fuel the aircraft and that maintenance and insurance would cost so much money. It would be flown far away from urban areas. Would this be legally possible? Serious answers please. Thanks!!
Update: It would be flown far away from highly populated areas.