Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 10 years ago

is there gonna be an earthquake in california today march 20, 2011?

Favorite Answer

People can't really predict things like earthquakes. So probably not but its a possibility with the HUGE! earthquake in Japan

No.

You cannot predict earthquakes until their activity has already happened and we don't know enough about the earth's activity to be able to recognise anything like a patter, reaction, etc. This guy that everyone is referring to has theories about how celestial bodies affect our planet's motion and that the weather was an indicator.

(note: big joke in California is that "it's earthquake weather" -- ...if you live in CA you know that that means any weather is earthquake weather)

His big "reasoning" was that the pacific plate has had 3 corners affected (one in the northwest, Japan's; one in the southwest, last month; one in the southeast, last YEAR....)

So he's saying since 2 of the 4 corners had activity in the past month, and an additional corner had some activity a *year* ago that then the 4th corner MUST be expecting something soon!

But I really hate how people don't know anything about this guy and just say "he's a scientist! he must know!!" (look up what type of science he studies.... and what works he's been involved with before EVERYONE texting me to prepare).

It's like people referencing the bible as scientific history... jeeze..

• wiest

Yeah, the dude who anticipated the 1989 earthquake says a super one is meant to ensue someplace between March nineteenth - March twenty 5th. it rather is basically my success because of the fact i visit a woman GaGa stay overall performance, lol. yet besides, he replaced into like, "the huge ONE IS COMING. it is going to ensue MARCH nineteenth." even even though it did no longer, needless to say. And, as you spotted, it replaced into hella raining the previous 2 days, yet now it is sunny (a minimum of, the place i stay, it rather is Marin County, a pair of 40 minutechronic from sf.) no you will properly assume earthquakes. Scientists have been attempting to suitable this custom, yet needless to say have not. So all we can do is desire for the terrific and be arranged for whilst it comes!

• ?

Not one as I am - succumbing to "here-say" - I'd suggest, it is best to wait to find out.

Oops...it Just NOT happened, however it is not the end of today, this March 20th, 2011.

Wait till the clock strikes 12:A.M....or if patient a few minutes after?

Source(s): Comic relief - I so need it in Pt. Wash. Wisconsin, on a rainy and very dark day.
  • ShyOwl

There was mention of an earthquake there soon, yes, maybe not today..

I heard the west coast is next to get it. There was a seismic window or something from March 19-26.

How gullible are you people?

Do you think science can MAGICALLY predict earthquakes now?

Get a grip, my friend.

Is it the end times.?

maybe. God is in charge of those things.

Source(s): the Bible.

maybe !!!!!