can anyone tell me where in the miami are is best for me?

i have a family and i am concerned about safety i have to move my family to the miami area because of my husbands job. we want a safe area that is good for raising children with good schools. please help!!! i have been looking in pembroke pines and in sunny isles so far. we are far from rich so we need something affordable and clean thanks!!!

Favorite Answer

Well, Pembroke Pines is out west and Sunny Isles is east, so if you want to be close to the beach or not is something to consider. There are different good areas, Coral Springs being one that comes to mind as far as raising kids (my brother has kids and lives there). One thing I would definitely keep in mind is that south Florida is really a 3 county area, and how important it is to you to be centralized. I like Broward County because it is centralized. You can do stuff in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Boca or even West Palm. West Palm, Ft. Lauderdale and Maimi all have downtowns and it is kind of nice to have easy access to all of them and the different activities, restaurants, beaches etc. they offer. Also, you would have a much wider access to commutable jobs if that's important. Somewhere like Coral Gables is very nice, but it sort of limits you to southern Dade County as everything north is pretty far (even North Dade like Aventura) and the traffic in Dade is horrendous (though it's no picnic in Broward either).

In my opinion, coral gables is the best. (but im biased since I grew up there). aventura and coco grove are also good areas but relatively expensive.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/miami/

^^ go thru..there's lots of info you can find on there. good luck.

Source(s): Miamian