Survivors Benefits & Unemployment Compensation?

Can I collect Survivors Benefits and Unemployment Compensation at the same time in the State of Florida..2011

If the answer is "YES" please post a link pertaining too this..

Social Security Survivors Benefit & Unemployment Compensation in the State of Florida..Some people told me no because they take Social Security as a Income for the week you file. So from what one person posted it does not count as a weekly income. On the Survivors Benefit that as I understand is paid out either monthly or quarterly..

• Judith
    Favorite Answer

Survivor benefits from where? Social Security? If so then yes. Social Security is not interested in unemployment compensation as it does not affect the payment of survivor benefits. Only income from work exceeding the yearly allowable amount is of interest to Social Security.

As for unemployment benefits - aren't you told when you file for them what income must be reported? I can't imagine why Social Security would affect unemployment since it is not income from a job.

All I can tell you is that Social Security could care less if you are getting unemployment. As for unemployment benefits, call that office and ask. Why aren't you asking the source instead of everyone else?

Source(s): Retired 32 year Social Security claims representative.
  • hake

Get a grip honey, if gay marriages are sanctioned by ability of the government, then the government is admitting that there are certainly holy unions exterior the prudence of the christian dogma that the country replace into based upon - do no longer forget approximately, the main effectual piece of paper interior the international is the greenback. The "almighty" greenback, the only that announces "In God We have faith" on it. So by ability of letting a pair of butt bandits stay in "holy" matrimony is defiling the "God" of the persons, the government, and the beginning place of this u . s . a ., capital beneficial factors. for my area, i do no longer probably care if Steve and invoice prefer to poke one yet another stupid, yet I additionally think of that from a medical attitude gayness in case you will, is incongruent to the purpose of having a dick or a ****, that's to procreate.