Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Theorem: Homer Simpson Theorem: Proof God Cannot Exist!?

NOTE: this is NOT a Theory but a Theorem

Theorem: Homer Simpson Theorem: Proof God Cannot Exist!

Known: God is creator and ruler of the universe. He has also power over nature.

To prove: God doesn't exist i.e. God has power over and ruler of universal truth which is part of nature and ruler of the universal laws.

proof: If God exists, 1=0

since through logic, reason and truth 1≠ 0

(since 1=1through logic, reason and truth, of which you must understand to be human)

since truth, reason and logic cannot be ruled over by God

God cannot exist

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

it can't be proven scientifically, it can't be proven by photo, no one has seen no god. Ancient cultures who supposedly were smarter than us believed in other gods , several gods.

• Mary
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

While I agree with your conclusion, you've trivialized the problem with a false assumption (namely, the existence of God implies 1 = 0). Mathematical proof doesn't work all that well in problems where the conclusion itself is poorly defined. God is, almost axiomatically, impossible to define well, so I recommend a rigorous argument rather than mathematical proof. Sorry to burst your bubble.

• 9 years ago

I'm Muslim and I have a strong believe in the Merciful Allah. In Quran, his words, he mentioned many scientific evidences proving his existence. Allah, the Creator, mentioned them for FOURTEEN centuries ago. Some of them are:

1)Human Embryonic Development:

He, the merciful, said: { وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنْسَانَ مِنْ سُلَالَةٍ مِنْ طِينٍ ﴿١٢﴾ ثُمَّ جَعَلْنَاهُ نُطْفَةً فِي قَرَارٍ مَكِينٍ ﴿١٣﴾ ثُمَّ خَلَقْنَا النُّطْفَةَ عَلَقَةً فَخَلَقْنَا الْعَلَقَةَ مُضْغَةً فَخَلَقْنَا الْمُضْغَةَ عِظَامًا فَكَسَوْنَا الْعِظَامَ لَحْمًا ثُمَّ أَنْشَأْنَاهُ خَلْقًا آخَرَ ۚ فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّـهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ ﴿١٤﴾ ثُمَّ إِنَّكُمْ بَعْدَ ذَٰلِكَ لَمَيِّتُونَ ﴿١٥﴾ ثُمَّ إِنَّكُمْ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ تُبْعَثُونَ ﴿١٦﴾ وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا فَوْقَكُمْ سَبْعَ طَرَائِقَ وَمَا كُنَّا عَنِ الْخَلْقِ غَافِلِينَ ﴿١٧﴾

The interpretation or explanation in English: { (Man We did create from a quintessence (of clay);) [23:12] (Then We placed him as (a drop of) sperm in a place of rest, firmly fixed;) [23:13] ( Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create! ) [23:14] (After that, at length ye will die ) [23:15] (Again, on the Day of Judgment, will ye be raised up.) [23:16] Yusuf Ali.

2) The Origin of the Universe :Go to the following website:

http://www.islam-guide.com/

3) Atom .

Allah, Allmighty, said in Quran: { وَمَا تَكُونُ فِي شَأْنٍ وَمَا تَتْلُو مِنْهُ مِنْ قُرْآنٍ وَلَا تَعْمَلُونَ مِنْ عَمَلٍ إِلَّا كُنَّا عَلَيْكُمْ شُهُودًا إِذْ تُفِيضُونَ فِيهِ ۚ وَمَا يَعْزُبُ عَنْ رَبِّكَ مِنْ مِثْقَالِ ذَرَّةٍ فِي الْأَرْضِ وَلَا فِي السَّمَاءِ وَلَا أَصْغَرَ مِنْ ذَٰلِكَ وَلَا أَكْبَرَ إِلَّا فِي كِتَابٍ مُبِينٍ}

The interpretation or explanation in English: {In whatever business thou mayest be, and whatever portion thou mayest be reciting from the Qur'an,- and whatever deed ye (mankind) may be doing,- We are witnesses thereof when ye are deeply engrossed therein. Nor is hidden from thy Lord (so much as) the weight of an ATOM on the earth or in heaven. And not the least and not the greatest of these things but are recorded in a clear record.] [10:61] Yusuf Ali

4) Clouds:

Allah said: { أَلَمْ تَرَ أَنَّ اللَّـهَ يُزْجِي سَحَابًا ثُمَّ يُؤَلِّفُ بَيْنَهُ ثُمَّ يَجْعَلُهُ رُكَامًا فَتَرَى الْوَدْقَ يَخْرُجُ مِنْ خِلَالِهِ وَيُنَزِّلُ مِنَ السَّمَاءِ مِنْ جِبَالٍ فِيهَا مِنْ بَرَدٍ فَيُصِيبُ بِهِ مَنْ يَشَاءُ وَيَصْرِفُهُ عَنْ مَنْ يَشَاءُ ۖ يَكَادُ سَنَا بَرْقِهِ يَذْهَبُ بِالْأَبْصَارِ }

The interpretation or explanation in English: {Have you not seen how God makes the clouds move gently, then joins them together, then makes them into a stack, and then you see the rain come out of it, and He sends down hail from mountains (clouds) in the sky, and He strikes with it whomever He wills, and turns it from whomever He wills. The vivid flash of its lightning nearly blinds the sight }

5) Deep Seas and Internal Waves:

Allah, the great, said: { وْ كَظُلُمَاتٍ فِي بَحْرٍ لُجِّيٍّ يَغْشَاهُ مَوْجٌ مِنْ فَوْقِهِ مَوْجٌ مِنْ فَوْقِهِ سَحَابٌ ۚ ظُلُمَاتٌ بَعْضُهَا فَوْقَ بَعْضٍ إِذَا أَخْرَجَ يَدَهُ لَمْ يَكَدْ يَرَاهَا ۗ وَمَنْ لَمْ يَجْعَلِ اللَّـهُ لَهُ نُورًا فَمَا لَهُ مِنْ نُورٍ }

The interpretation or explanation in English: { "Or (the unbelievers’ state) is like the darkness in a deep sea. It is covered by waves, above which are waves, above which are clouds. Darknesses, one above another. If a man stretches out his hand, he cannot see it...."} (Qur'an, 24:40)..

6) ORBITS DESCRIBED IN THE QUR'AN

Allah the merciful said: { الشَّمْسُ وَالْقَمَرُ بِحُسْبَانٍ } (Surat ar-Rahman, 5)

The interpretation or explanation in English: {The sun and the moon follow courses (exactly) computed }.

He also said: { لَا الشَّمْسُ يَنْبَغِي لَهَا أَنْ تُدْرِكَ الْقَمَرَ وَلَا اللَّيْلُ سَابِقُ النَّهَارِ ۚ وَكُلٌّ فِي فَلَكٍ يَسْبَحُونَ} (Surah Yasin, 40)

The interpretation or explanation in English: { "It is not for the sun to catch up the moon, nor does the night outstrip the day. Each (just) swims along in (its own) orbit.}.

And there are more and more scientific evidences in Quran proved Allah's existence. To know more about the evidences, go to the following site:

http://www.islam-guide.com/

Notes: Allah mentioned all that for FOURTEEN centuries ago before the world of science came to our life.

So, if you have a strong believe in Allah, don't follow or convert to any religion BUT ISLAM. He, the Merciful, said: { (وَمَنْ يَبْتَغِ غَيْرَ الْإِسْلَامِ دِينًا فَلَنْ يُقْبَلَ مِنْهُ وَهُوَ فِي الْآخِرَةِ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ ﴿٨٥}

The interpretation or explanation in English: { And if one seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted from him; and he is among the losers in the Hereafter} [3:85] Ahmed Raza Khan

• 9 years ago

@hogzeye: What he means is that if God is omnipotent (all-powerful) then he can will 1 to equal 0. What I can't understand is where Homer Simpson comes into this.

Anyway, I think you've answered your own question, asker. It is not up to humans to say one can equal zero. God has absolute authority over the a priori world so only he can can decide.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

i dont believe in any god, but why did you put 1=0? 1 isn't equal to 0 is it

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Whether or not god exists we live in an impossibility because of the existence of time. At some point something had to come from nothing.

• 9 years ago

Vision, and viewpoint and light of peoples cause numerical evaluations as this to be considered during the mathematics time period of Newton through contemporary Immanuel Kant.

• ?
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

You either have Faith or you do not.

All the science in the universe will not prove the existence of God,

If he came here today and manifested His Godliness through miracles we would still not believe it.

• 9 years ago

I can't understand this. Anyway my proof is better.

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=3182

http://www.godisimaginary.com/

Source(s): Atheist
  • 9 years ago

does it really matter

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.