Hosai asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Does anyone know the name of a movie from the 70's? Its very blurry for me. I remember its maybe from the 70's?

The movie is from the 70's or earlier. It is about a couple with one child. The child is about grade school age. Can't remember if it was a girl or boy, but I'm leaning towards girl. I remember the father was tall. Its a very spooky, suspensful, scary movie, but I never got to finish watching and I don't know what it was about. Maybe the child was haunted or possessed. They live in a highrise building with a very large layout and I wish I knew more, but that is it. Please help.

I have a very bad memory. I just remember it had to do with the kid. I remember a doctor making a house call at some point. I watched it like 8 or 10 years ago...back in the days when you had to pull out the tv guide to find out what was on the tele. You couldn't hit the info button on your remote.

I tried Audrey Rose with Anthony Hopkins. I actually got excited when I read the back cover at Hollywood video and once I started to watch..was disappointed. Bummer. Excellent movie, but not the one. Very close.

Favorite Answer

This is a very wild guess:

Audrey Rose (1977)

starring Susan Swift, Marsha Mason, John Beck, Anthony Hopkins, Norman Lloyd

IMDb synopsis:

A New York couple experience bizarre, stalker-like behavior from an English stranger. While they attempt to bar him from their lives, he slides his way in anyway and tries to convince them that their 11-year-old girl is the reincarnation of his 11-years-departed daughter, Audrey Rose.

Here is Part 1 on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcXeUKhLdno

They do live in a luxurious building, with arched ceilings with murals.

The Shining?

• Done

If you remember an actor or a character's name, or the director you can search in in the site

www.imdb.com.