Can a dog catch lung cancer from smoking cigarettes?

I know this old guy who's a chain smoker and has a trashy dirty (he's a hoarder) small 800 sqft house with roaches and spiders and rats running around it, leaky pipes and ceilings, grime, chipped floor tiles, etc. It's worse than an abandoned house. His house is just disgusting and it smells like a... show more I know this old guy who's a chain smoker and has a trashy dirty (he's a hoarder) small 800 sqft house with roaches and spiders and rats running around it, leaky pipes and ceilings, grime, chipped floor tiles, etc. It's worse than an abandoned house. His house is just disgusting and it smells like a giant cigarette. He's a chain smoker and spends every waking moment of his life smoking one cigarette after another and the windows are never open (they're boarded up with wooden planks and trash bags).

He has a pet dog and he's always smoking around the dog and I'm worried about the dog because I used to play with the dog when I was younger and it would cough up nasty stuff. Could the dog get respiratory/cardiac diseases or maybe even cancer from the second hand smoke?