Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Spiritually asking, what happened to cause the "Snatching away" of the real meaning of words, (See details)?

"snatched or devoured"

what is the real meaning of the word repent? Has the real meaning been snatched away from us...

Look at this..

n the New Testament there are two different Greek words which have been translated repent. The word repent is an English word. It is an obsolete old English word and means nothing to us today. It was not even used in the Bible until the King James Bible came along in 1611. It was translated from the compound Greek words Metanoeo and Metamellamai. These two words have completely different meanings and remember in the coine Greek a word can have only one meaning so how can anyone give one definition or numerous definitions to the word repent? There must be two and only two definitions for repent.

1. Metanoeo. This is a compound word. “Meta” means change “noeo” means thinking. This word is derived from “nous” which means mind. So, metanoeo means to “change your mind”

2. Metamellamai. This is also a compound word. “Meta” means change

“mellamai” means emotions. It means to have a “change of emotions”.

Some brilliant mind somewhere along the way added “of sin” to repent and came up with the moronic phrase “repent of your sins” and someone else added “and be saved” and came up with “repent of your sins and be saved.” This is a false gospel because it leaves out two things. Faith and Jesus Christ. People who use the phrase “repent of your sins as a condition preceding salvation or as forgiveness of sin are either ignorant or are intentionally teaching a false gospel. Anywhere metanoeo is translated repent you can substitute “change your mind” and the verse will make sense. If you are thinking “of sins” after you see repent the whole gospel message shifts from accepting the free gift of God to something you have to do as a condition of salvation.

So do you see a need to study .... words...so we know for certain the deceptions...

and I am a Christian... but one who is thinking... and becoming more aware... of "Snatching away , or devouring, also wondering too what the are the many deceptions... we unwittingly fail to see..

your thoughts on this... how can we study the Words best? Who can help us... in this?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

repentance is attitude

it really is that simple

the "sleepers" are the ones who complicate it

god bless the "sleepers"

we'll keep praying for them

Source(s): (((((hugs kar)))))
  • 9 years ago

You have defined the Spiritual meaning of Adultery. This is what we must Repent of or change the mind from: Lies! We are to relearn and rethink until we arrive at what God is really saying and denounce the false teachings. This is where the Mystery of Iniquity comes out from. It is literally right in our own blood, because we have been taught it (Born into sin and shaped in iniquity). This is what cuts off Life. Not just the Quick Life (common), but the Quickened Life (perpetual). Jesus Christ is the Quickening Spirit. You Do Not Have To Die!...It is a lie. The Church system which preaches and teaches these lies is an Adulterous Woman, spiritually speaking, and all who sojourn with her drink the blood of her fornication. They are in the bed with her. They take the Mark of her teaching and fellowship (her name or denomination) 666, in their forehead and in their right hand, causing the Word of Life to be altered, which brings only...Death! This is why she is called a whore, ie: Jezebel. She rides the Beast (the system(s) of religion), buying and selling people, congregations, (while profiteering with the merchants of the world) and ruling them with fear, condemnation and judgment. This is Spiritually called Egypt, Sodom, Babylon. When you realize this then Mystery Babylon will begin to crumble and then fall within you. The more you learn who Jesus Christ really is then your blood progressively changes to His blood. This is what is meant by the words: Drink My Blood and Eat My Flesh: Spirit and Truth. Then Mystery God becomes revealed. This is true Revelation or Revealing.

I would use the Greek of the Strong's Concordance. God's word is many fold, and a word can unfold like a thesaurus in the Greek, linking from one application to another, and will continue to round out a truth, because God's Word is like oil. One drop into a pond spreads out over the whole pond eventually. Many Blessings

• 9 years ago

. "how can we study the Words best? Who can help us... in this?" I think this is your dilemma. I can help you on this spiritually speaking. Learn Sounds, not syllables or words or sentences. Learn just sounds, where the sound emanates from the body, body is micro-cosmos, the source of the sound within the body is not different from the source of the sound within the universe. See from which energy centres the vibrations are produced. Which are is conducting the sound, which is the final destination of the sound, in what metaphysical mechanism it is enclosed, which dieties or spirits are behind each sound, which is the controlling spirit or deity. Once the subtle meaning of all sounds are understood, the Nadabrahma is conquered or the meaning of all languages in the world , all words in the world, all sentences in the world would be understood without knowing the language. For e.g. Metanoeo the sounds are Mam, Tam, Nam, and A, E, O ; A (as in aRM), E(In) O as in On,

For A(AM) E(IM), O(OM) and all other vowels the Vayu supporting is UDANA. UDANA is in the region of the Chest moving upwards. It is cause for happiness, bliss, raising the self upwards to reach higher consciousness. All Vowels comes from vishudhi chakra in the region of throat with Hamsa Mantra. Vishnu and Saraswathi are present, the whole universe with Nadabrahma as its sound structure is therefore present in AUM combination, the Grandhi itself is Vishnu. Ether or Akasha or Eshwar or God is the Tatwa or principle behind it . The sounds that emanates from there are AM, AAM, IM, EEM, UM, UUM, RSH, REEM, LRIM, LREEM, EIYM, EEIYM, OM, AUM, AM, and AH,. Similarly the other Sounds are produced from various energy centres. The language should be understood from the meaning of these sounds and meaning should not be understood from or through languages. Does the English Alphabets contain these 53 sounds from different energy centres in the body or the cosmos. It should be understood incomplete without these knowledge. To place the Nadabrahma into compartments of English, Greek, etc. therefore is a folly. A language is incomplete without the Spirit behind it and the Spirit is Nadabrahma. Only an Adept can know Nadabrahma in its fullness or Virat (Cosmic) stature, until then we may call the sound of Thunder a Thunder, and the sound of rat running as that sound, perfectly matching to material needs.

Source(s): Just thoughts.
  • 9 years ago

John 21:20 Peter, turning around, saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following the one who also had leaned back on His bosom at the supper and said, “Lord, who is the one who betrays You?”

John 21:21 So Peter seeing him said to Jesus, “Lord, and what about this man?”

John 21;22 Jesus said to him, “If I want him to remain until I come, what to you? You follow Me!”

John 21:23 Therefore this saying went out among the brethren that that disciple would not die; yet Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but “If I want him to remain until I come, what to you?”

John 21:24 This is the disciple who is testifying to these things and wrote these things, and we know that his testimony is true.

John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, which if they were written in detail, I suppose that even the world itself would not contain the books that would be written.

Zephaniah3:7 “I said, ‘Surely you will revere Me,

Accept instruction.’

So her dwelling will not be cut off

all that I have appointed concerning her.

But they were eager to corrupt all their deeds.

Zephaniah3:8 “Therefore wait for Me,” declares the LORD,

“For the day when I rise up as a witness.

Indeed, My decision is to gather nations,

To assemble kingdoms,

To pour out on them My indignation,

All My burning anger;

For all the earth will be devoured

By the fire of My zeal.

Zephaniah3:9 “ For then I will give to the peoples purified lips,

That all of them may call on the name of the LORD,

To serve Him shoulder to shoulder.

Praise the Lord!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

We are told that if we ask we will receive.

Spiritual discernment comes from within & much that Christ taught was either never written or lost.

If we would become still & quiet the internal chatter, in that sacred ground within is a place where all questions are answered.

If it were not so we would not have been given such a beautiful promise.

"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

The only requirement is we come to that holy meeting place empty.

Many Blessings!

EDIT:

The words are closely related as are emotions & thought.

The ancestor to every emotion is a thought.

Many unaccustomed to watching their thoughts miss this connection, & are unaware of the thought that was the father of the emotion.

They only are aware of the emotion & are confused as to the real cause.

So, if one changes their mind they change their thoughts.

And if one changes their thoughts, their emotions follow that changed pattern.

Many Blessings!

• 9 years ago

modern "christianity" does not resemble what jesus most likely, from what documentation is available, actually taught -- this is but one example ...

• 9 years ago

and your point is what??????

are you telling us or asking a question?????????

Do a word study of repent or repentance in the Old and New Testaments and consider the context of each verse and what you are to repent of, or to turn from.

Search Hebrew, Aramaic LXX and Koine Greek texts to have a full insight into the teaching and doctrine of repentance.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

hi kar! i don't have the attention span nor the soberness to read your whole question, but i'm sure i'd love ya just the same if i did.

see ya at uncle's convention!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.