What kind of jeans will make my legs look longer/skinnier?

Ok so my friend says skinny jeans will but when i wear skinny jeans it looks like it makes me look fatter and shorter. So my other friend says flare jeans/bootcut will help...

I'm not really fat. I'm 5'4" and i weight about 110 or so, but i have short legs/kinda big hips.

Favorite Answer

Your 'other friend' is right. Flare jeans and boot-cut jeans would be best. They make your legs look the longest. I suggest getting something high-rise or regular, definitely NOT low-rise because it'll make you look short.

And if you want to get something skinny, you can, but not skin-tight or clingy. This will still flatter your shape while at the same time not giving too much curves, which make your legs look shorter.

The most important thing, though, is to go for a wash that is just one straight color all the way through. If there is any color differentiation on the jean, it will make you look curvier, not skinnier. The key is to get a very plain, basic jean with a specific wash used throughout without any fading anywhere.

Also, try to get them without buttons or any detailing. These, again, will make you look curvy.

Color-wise, go for a super dark wash. Just as black makes you look skinnier, the darker your jeans are, the longer and skinnier your legs will look. Don't go for light-wash jeans, they shorten your legs. What you want is something elongating, and dark wash jeans are just that.

And one last thing: DON'T listen to all of the people above who said to wear jeggings! This is the exact opposite of what you should do. Jeggings are a very good example of what NOT to wear to make your legs look long! They make your legs look short and curvy, which isn't what you want at all. So just ignore those people.

Good luck!

-Nadia A.

All jeans do something, so you have several options. (:

I like flare jeans - i think it balances out your hips.

Go for a dark wash, darker jeans make you look longer and skinnier.

If you're going to wear skinny jeans, pair them with some heels.

I wouldn't suggest jeggings, they cling to everything and show off what you got, so if your insecure you probably won't be happy with those.

Hope this helps!

Source(s): Myself.
  • Try straight leg jeans. They aren't as small at the ankles as skinny jeans, and can really help to make your legs look longer. I've heard flare/bootcut jeans flatter curvier girls but i don't know... When i wear them it seems like they make my thighs look bigger, and my legs, which are pretty long, look short. Hope my answer helped and good luck! :)

straight leg or bootcut jeans are by far the most flattering because they balance out the hips.... jeggings will make large hips/butt way more noticeable, i would stay away from them

Jeggings that have a pattern. Otherwise, ones that look like worn out skinny jeans, not a whole color.Also try black leggings with sneakers or small boots. Finnally, skinny jean capriswith sneakers. i hope this helps

I really like jeggings they cling to you so it really shows your shape and it does make you look skinny and taller

Neways just don't get flare if you don't like jeggings get skinny jeans hence the name skinny

• jeggings, pajama pants,