Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysEaster · 9 years ago

What's the earliest and latest date Easter can fall on?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

The earliest possible date for Easter is March 22, The last time it occurred was 1818 and the next time will be 2285.

The latest possible date for it is April 25. The last time it occurred was 1943 and the next time will be 2038.

• fout
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Earliest Easter

• Rick3 years agoReport

That link shortener leads to s survey trap

• 9 years ago

Traditionally, Easter is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox. This year, Easter is very late, because we have a full moon on the 19th of March, just before the spring equinox on the 20th, which gives almost another whole month until the next full moon on Monday April 18th. Then there are six more days until the next Sunday, so Easter will be on April 24th this year. I think it would be possible for Easter to fall on the 25th or even the 26th, but that would be very rare.

If the spring equinox, March 20th, fell on a Friday, the full moon on Saturday March 21st, then Easter could be as early as Sunday March 22nd, if you counted by days. Actually the spring equinox is a moment in time, and so is the full moon, so if you counted by moments, Easter could even fall on a Sunday March 21st, but I don't think they do things that way.

• MAMAJ4 years agoReport

I was under the impression it was rather early this year since the earliest it can fall is March 22nd and the latest it can fall is April 25 th. Better so some research here fella.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What's the earliest and latest date Easter can fall on?

Source(s): 39 earliest latest date easter fall on: https://shortly.im/tVX18
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

But did you know that Easter will also fall on April 1st (April Fools Day) 3 times this century, all within the next 25 years: 2018, 2029, and 2040.

• 6 years ago

It depends on how fast the Easter bunny hides the eggs

• 5 years ago

Anytime God wants it !!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.