On the basis of pure Musical preference, how much do you have in common with your Contacts?

It is not my intention to exclude anyone from answering, Contact or not, but it is my feeling that we pick Contacts on the basis of admiration of their expertise/admiration/passion on certain Bands or Artistes and Music types, rather than sharing a mutual "Top 10 List". What would be your opinions? A... show more It is not my intention to exclude anyone from answering, Contact or not, but it is my feeling that we pick Contacts on the basis of admiration of their expertise/admiration/passion on certain Bands or Artistes and Music types, rather than sharing a mutual "Top 10 List".

What would be your opinions? A Question prompted by a Smoochee Question.

Thank you
Update: @Burning of the midnight lamp. Thank you for your very kind comments, which I will treat with the disdain I feel they deserve. You just don't get this site do you.