How to file taxes for 2011 (2010 year)?

I haven't filed my tax return yet. First of all I'm ot sure what form to even use. My fiance and I bought a house in February 2009. Last year we filed for the first time home buyers credit that they had. We had both that and our tax return filled out by a tax preparer, and we both think that we got... show more I haven't filed my tax return yet. First of all I'm ot sure what form to even use.

My fiance and I bought a house in February 2009. Last year we filed for the first time home buyers credit that they had. We had both that and our tax return filled out by a tax preparer, and we both think that we got shorted out of money. I don't know what form we filed last year off of the top of my head (we filed our tax return and the home buying credit at seperate times).

We have paperwork from overpayment on our house loan (which the paperwork confuses me on it, but that's what I got from it), stating that we could each write off a certain amount on our tax return. Then we also got a letter from something else (I believe property tax, or possible insurance? I'm not home so I cant double check myself) with an amount that we can deduct.

I am only 22 and have always had someone do my tax return for me, this year I want to do it on my own. So any help is greatly appreciated. Any websites that are good for online files and returns for federal? What about state (Illinois)?

Also I need to file his too. How do I fill out with him working, along with him having been unemployed for a month? And I also have 2 jobs, and I'm not sure where to add those in at.
Also, since both of our names are on the house, even though we aren't married, can we file together?

Again, all of this is confusing to me, I'm just hoping to save money (and not get screwed out of money) by doing it myself.