Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 9 years ago

your opinion, who are the greatest musicians, and please dont say anything form my generation?

I'm 16 thats why i say my generation, don't mean the previous gen, you rock.

What is you opinion according to this criteria

Lyrics out of 5

Vocals out of 5

Music out of 5

Individuality out of 5

1 being likable

2 being average

3 being good

4 being Wow

5 being fantastic beyond imagining

Based on the previous. This is mine.

Kate Bush:

Music 5

Vocals 5

Lyrics 5

Individuality 5

The Pretenders:

4 for vocals

5 for music

5 for lyrics

4 for individuality

Peter Gabriel:

Vocals 4

Music 5

Lyrics 5

Individuality 5

Tina Turner:

2 on music

3 on lyrics

3 on individuality

But 10 on vocals and it only goes up to 5 so thats why shes the top ten

Elton John:

Music 5

Lyrics 4(because he doesn't write them)

Vocals 4

Individuality 4

Ricky Lee Jones:

Lyrics 4

Music 4

Vocals 5

Individuality 4

Dolly Parton:

Music 4

Lyrics 5

Vocals 3

Individuality 4

ABBA:

Lyrics 5

Music 5

Vocals 4

individuality 5

Blondie:

Vocals 5

music 4

lyrics 4

individuality 3

The Cranberries:

Vocal 4

Music 5

Lyrics 4

Individuality 3

This is my opinion, and I know that the Beatles are fantastic there just not my top ten, but they are my top 15

Please give me your opinions

Thank you

Best Answer

Dolly Parton is my favorite singer, 5/5 on everything to be honest.

Music: All her music is likeable and beautiful, and appeals to so many different genres (country, bluegrass, pop, disco, dance).

Lyrics: She's one of the best songwriters of all time, and has over 3,000 written

Vocals: She can hit virtually any note and for an insanely long time. (YouTube up her cover of Mule Skinner Blues if you don't believe me.)

Individuality: She's totally her own person, with no fear and she's brutally honest. She lets her amusement park have "Gay Days" despite being in the deep south and being judged by everyone, and she sings with all races even when those southern religious fanatics burn crosses on her lawn/

Here are my other favorites-

Loretta Lynn

Music: 4

Lyrics: 5

Vocals: 3

Individuality: 5

Cher-

Music:4

Lyrics: 1 (doesn't write, but one album)

Vocals: 4

Individuality: 5

Miranda Lambert-

Music: 5

Lyrics: 3

Vocals: 4

Individuality: 2

Dottie West-

Music: 4

Lyrics: 5

Vocals: 4

Individuality: 3

Patsy Cline-

Music: 5

Lyrics: 3

Vocals: 5

Individuality:5

also... just a guess but you're Sandy, aren't you? Because both Dolly and Kate Bush are mentioned.

Bono (with Edee/Eno of the genius U2) and the overdue pleasant Luciano Pavarotti They played the tune "Miss Sarajevo" in combination are living (among others) at a Conspiracy of Hope live performance in Modena in September 1995. The unchallenged mastery of U2 mixed with the vocal genius of Pavarotti, (and a are living viewers surroundings), made this tune with no trouble so lovely that tears can waft! It is to be had at the U2 album "Duets". However, NOT all collaborations are effective, despite the fact that it's potentially just a subject of opinion. The equal U2 played their lovely usual hit "One" (off Achtung Baby) in collaboration with Mary J Blige (I needed to "google" her identify it used to be that unhealthy in MY opinion!) After the genius of the 1991 usual, I worry this test in round 2007 used to be a failure with the vocal patterns of Bono and Blige with no trouble no longer mixing. Blige is an R&B, Hip Hop and Soul artist and for the ones hardcore U2 fanatics no longer into those generes this is a hard capsule to swallow. This failure to mixture the 2 patterns with no trouble did not come off, spoiling an or else first-rate usual. The latter explaination may be aspect argument for what makes a collaboration effective. Clashing patterns (generes) do not regularly paintings. A subject of opinion and musical style! And if it isn't damaged, do not repair it! :-)