Sunny

Should I give friend's newborn a gift, in front of other people?

I'm going to be meeting my friend's newborn baby tomorrow for the first time, and I planned on bringing a gift over for the baby, but my friend said that a few of our other friends are all coming over at the same time as we are, so now I'm not sure if I should still bring a gift? I don't want to make the other friends feel bad if they didn't buy the baby anything.

Favorite Answer

I would bring the gift, just be discreet.

Give her the gift quietly and just let her know, "its a little something for your new baby, you can open it later . . . " so that she does not feel obligated to open it right in front of you and the other guests.

You don't know that the other people will not bring gifts or may have given her a gift earlier. I would not worry about how it "looks" to them. Just don't intentionally make a big deal out of it.

Yes, plus bringing a gift when meeting a new baby for the first time is pretty normal.

if you're meeting the baby for the first time, then It's completely acceptable to bring a gift and bring it to the mother. If you're worried about the others or you're the only one who brought a gift, then be discreet, put it in the baby's room and tell her you put it there

its customary to bring a gift for the baby when you first meet it. Dont feel bad, they probably already got a gift and you should show her you cared enough to buy something.

Hey their Loss. You should DEFINITELY have the newborn open it in front of all of them. If they feel bad then that's them NOT you. Why would anyone go to meet the Cute baby and NOT bring a gift..Its like a common courtesy.

Source(s): Plenty of Friends and even more babies.

4 all u know they could b bringing a gift

so it's ok

go ahead and give her a gift.. who cares if the others don't