In the past two weeks I've had two dreams about having FIVE babies?

I am a 48 year old woman. I have one child (17 years old) and don't desire to have more. In the past two weeks I've had TWO dreams about having five children.

In the dream last night, I gave birth to five children then went to work. My husband was taking care of them. When I got home, my mom was in our house and our children had grown at various different ages. Only one child was still an infant. And my husband had named all the kids without asking me. So I told him I wanted to go over the names. I liked all his names for the girls and boys except for the youngest boy, who he named Arnold. I suggested we rename him Michael.

What do you think this dream means, and why two dreams about having 5 babies? I am perplexed about why they were FIVE BABIES in each dream.

• Favorite Answer

Giving birth indicates new beginnings and changes. Having a "boy" may indicate that you are trying to become more assertive (masculine quality) in life. You have both males and females, so that indicates a balance going on internally.

I found this online about the Number Five, and thought it might help you:

"Dreaming of the number five means abundance of confidence, and wealth mastery. You have laid a solid foundation in business ventures that allow you the freedom to lose yourself to enjoy hobbies.

Your enemies are rarely seen or noticed in daily activities as you have achieved phenomenal success while leaving them behind."

http://www.mydreammeanings.com/numbers/number-five...

Personally, I love numerology in dreams. The number 5 in the tarot indicates overcoming obstacles and difficulties. I find it interesting you changed the name of the child from Arnold (a plain and old fashioned name) to Michael - name of the highest Archangel. I would say this suggests that you call upon your angels for help during this time.

Here is more on the name "Arnold":

"Arnold \a-rno-ld, ar-nold\ as a boy's name is pronounced AR-nold. It is of Old French and Old German origin, and the meaning of Arnold is "eagle ruler". From the phrase "arn wald". Brought to Britain with the Norman invasion, lost popularity after the 13th century, and briefly revived in the late 19th century. An early saint of this name was a musician at the court of Charlemagne. Rare today, perhaps because it has somewhat dorky connotations. Arnie is the pet form; the Catalan form Arnau is quite common in Catalonia, Spain. English novelist Arnold Bennett; golfer Arnold Palmer; actor Arnold Schwarzenegger."

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Arnold

It is a stronger meaning than I first imagined. An eagle is the highest predator bird and often stands for honor, justice and liberty.

Here is more on the name "Michael":

"Michael \m(i)-chael\ as a boy's name (also used as girl's name Michael), is pronounced MYE-kal. It is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Michael is "who resembles God?". Biblical: Michael is the archangel (chief or principal angel) who defeats the dragon. He and Gabriel are angels given personal names in the canonical Bible. Many saints, emperors, and kings have borne the name, and there are many variants, male and female. Micheal, the Gaelic spelling, is frequently used. This may be intentional, or it may be an accidental transposition of the "ae" vowels. Michael and Angelo are frequently blended in Latin-based language-speaking countries, as in Michelangelo Buonarroti, the Italian artist. Miguel (mee-GEL) is a Spanish and Portuguese form; Michel is French and popular in the Netherlands; Michiel (mee-KHEEL) is Dutch; Mikael, Mikell, Mikkel are Scandinavian; Michail, Mikhail are Russian; Michal is Polish; Miko is Slavic; Mikel, Miquel are Basque, French. Baseball celebrity Mickey Mantle; actors Mickey Rooney, Michael Caine, Michael J. Fox, Michel Chiklis, Michael Gambon, Michael Imperioli, Mike Myers; singers Michael Jackson, Mick Jagger; cartoon celebrity Mickey Mouse; Soviet statesman Mikhail Gorbachev; hockey player Mike Modano; fashion designer Michael Kors."

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Michael

• eve

ok, to see babies in your dreams being taken care of by someone else means you desire that your needs be met. Babies can also mean that you need to work on your inner child. Are you feeling worried about your age? Maybe you feel your not meeting your full potential. The fact that your hubby named the babies could mean that you want him to step up the the plate more.

Five represents your persuasiveness, spontaneity, boldness, daring nature, action, and humanity. The number five represents the five human senses and thus may be telling you to be more "sensitive" and be more in tune to your senses. Alternatively, the number five may reflect a change in your path or that you need to alter your course. It is also the link between heaven and earth.