Ms. MD
Lv 5
Ms. MD asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 10 years ago

Who was the greatest entertainer Charlie Chaplin or Michael Jackson?

Everyone will probably say MJ and dismiss Charlie Chaplin even though he was the world's best comedian. He wrote, produced, directed, and composed music for his movies, many of which are regarded as classics. Also his training as a gymnast made him an exceptional dancer and a mime. He was a true artist!

Update:

@and then-A great performer's legacy should be passed on. It shouldn't matter because more than likely you have only seen either one perform on film. A great performer's talents should be passed on for generations.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

DEFINATLY Charlie Chaplin.

first off, he wasnt a pedofile.

second, i still laugh at some of his films.

i never realy liked MJ.. he did have a few good songs, but only parts of america liked him.

the whole world could enjoy Charlie

Source(s): (:
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

MJ did admire Charlie Chaplin, it's fair to say he used some of his influence. 'Smile' was written by Charlie Chaplin.

Young kids today probably don't get it, how clever Charlie Chaplin was at a time of limited technology.

Have to say though, Chaplin didn't have the best reputation either and got into trouble for sleeping with someone who was underage.

• ?
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

Uh hello, Michael was the worlds best singer! and i wouldn't be surprised if people said Michael he is very talented, but charlie was a big influence on Michael.Michael even has pictures of him imitating charlie So if charlies the best comedian and Michael is the best singer It's just truly to hard to choose from because they were both very special and changed our world completely!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

i love michael jackson but i like charlie chaplin and mj liked him too

thera are both talented

mj sang smile,a charlie chaplin's song

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

no offense, but it's almost a trick question. entertainer is such a vague term for both these great men. charlie chaplin was the greatest comedian of all time, and michael jackson is the greatest pop star of all time. charlie is the father of comedy, and michael is the king of pop! so, both of them are the greatest entertainers in their respectful categories. and a little fact for you, if you don't already know, michael sang the song "smile" that was actually written and produced by charlie. in the link below is a tribute video that someone made and it's pretty cool.

hope this helps! :)

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Michael Jackson

He was a true artist too

Have you seen the man move? Not that many people can dance that well, sure people can dance but not like that. And he was a trendsetter...Michael Jackson was angel. But I have much respect for Charlie Chaplin. But Michael was truly blessed

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Michael Jackson right away

• 10 years ago

Charlie Chaplin

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Michael Jackson. They are both good though.

• 10 years ago

Charlie Chaplin, he was much more talented and a pioneer of comedy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.