Fanfiction.net error type 2!? ?

I just tryed to go to my fanfiction account and it loaded and this page popped up sayyin error type 2 and email adminstraitor error type or something. i dont know if this has happened to anyone can someone try it on their computer and see if it does the same? (10 points best answer if they know how to fix the problem or have any in-sight!)

Favorite Answer

Yes!!!!!!! Site is back up! When I saw it was down, I pretty much mentally screwed myself

Source(s): Http://www.fanfiction.net

I tried your link and my computer and got the Type 2 error message for my account AND the Web site in general. None of the addresses work on my computer. I would give the server's off-line judging by the fact that there's three online threads on this in about it in less than two hours.

I'm bummed because I actually was going to update but now who knows when it will work again and if Fiction Press follows suit, I will really commit harry carry!

UPDATE: I tried that "Is it up or just me" and it doesn't factor in error pages, only if the site does't load. It is loading, it's just loading a default error message which probably pops up anytime the server crashes. Hence, it's not "just me", it's the site.

UPDATE: I GOT MY ACCOUNT UP, WILL IT STAY UP? STAY TUNED!

Source(s): error page

I have this to!! :( i think it has something to do with the mobile version of the site.Iif your using an ipod to view the site then it automaticaly goes to the mobile version. So the only way i fixed this (for the time being) was going to the regular site. To open the regular site just go here:

http://m.fanfiction.net/m/no_mobile.php

If you want to switch back to mobile (i do once and a while to check if it works) there is a button on the TOP of the regular site (next to a picture of a cell phone) that says mobile edition! Just press that then explore the mobile site to see if it works, then go back a few pages and navigate from the original site again if the mobile site doesnt work. Or if you want to go to original site (even if mobile site isnt broken) their is a button on the BOTTOM of the site saying regular site. Hope this helps a bit! It may not really solve the problem but at least we can still read some fanfiction!!

Source(s): Personal Experience + taking time to explore the site! ;)

I emailed the administrator/support staff and said that there was an error, and I got no reply. I usually don't read the posts they put on there, because they usually warn you with a post and say it will be down, but I got an email about ten minutes saying a new chapter of a story I'm following is up, but when I went on it said the same thing we are all getting: error type 2.

Aha, I'm getting it as well. I don't know what's going on, but I haven't stayed up till 2:06 to be screwed over by a site! ):c

Anyway, mobile seems not to be working. Then again, my normal browser for my Blackberry isn't working either. It's really frustrating, especially since I JUST got this message. And apparently it's just for some people that the site is down for! Augh!

EDIT: Proxies don't even work.... I want to know what happens to Harry next... </3

Nope, I'm using my computer now and I get the FanFic Error Type 2 thing as well. I'm not sure why it's doing it now, it was fine around an hour ago (still on the computer). I googled the error but didn't get any responses on it either.

It happened to me too!! I was just reading a story and I go to read the next chapter and I got an error message! I've tried a few times and no success. I really hope they fix this fast. I would really like to continue reading the story I was on. :S ...Bummer.

Update: I just was able to get back on the site!! :D

this is another question to one of the people who answered this question..'Kathleen' mentioned bypassing mobile site and go straight to 'reg site' (which I used to be able to do until they "improved" the mobile site). I haven't been able to get a navigable page from my phone for regular since then. I tried your hint and still got the page but everything except the ad's are tiny and it also won't accept any keystrokes. Any ideas? I'm on a palm pixi and I can't d/l the browser suggestions. Palm kinda has a weird lock on that!!!

Arg for the last however many hours when I would use the normal site for my iPod it would try to switch back to mobile but get the verdammt error type 2 message and now it's completely crashed =.=

the same thing happened to me while i was in the middle of a story, i go to the next chapter and i got the error message. it worked for me a half hour ago. lets hope this gets fixed soon.

I got this error too when I was using my iPod touch which goes to the mobile edition site. When I got back home though I used my laptop and everything was fine. So what I did on my iPod touch to get ff.net working again is to go to this site: http://m.fanfiction.net/m/no_mobile.php

This forced my iPod touch to the desktop version of ff.net. Hope it works for you guys :)

Note that you can click the mobile_edition on the top of the website when the site is fixed again and you want the simple mobile site ^_^