JW's can you prove through the bible ALONE that the trinity doctrine is false ?

Ok, the word trinity is not in the bible that does not mean the concept isn't ( Mat 28:19, 2 Cor 13:14 and 1 John 5:7 ) Can you show me through scriptures (Gods Holy Words ) ONLY that it is not true. Please NO quotations from other sources -- watchtower literature, encyclopedias, church history books,... show more Ok, the word trinity is not in the bible that does not mean the concept isn't ( Mat 28:19, 2 Cor 13:14 and 1 John 5:7 )
Can you show me through scriptures (Gods Holy Words ) ONLY that it is not true.

Please NO quotations from other sources -- watchtower literature, encyclopedias, church history books, scholars, Hebrew or Greek languages etc...
Only use bible verses with your own comments if you like.

p/s I wont block any answerer and I will try to reply to as many of you as I can.

Remember NO quotations from your favourite sources.
Thanks.

verses quoted are from the KJV 1611
Update: @ Greg O and Elizabeth Ansel -- You provide no scriptures but your own opinions only, this is no help to me. @ Skeptik -- ( Heb 1:8 ) But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever. (Acts 5:3-4) read these verses. Peter said lying to the Holy Ghost was the same as lying to God. So if the... show more @ Greg O and Elizabeth Ansel -- You provide no scriptures but your own opinions only, this is no help to me.

@ Skeptik -- ( Heb 1:8 ) But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever.
(Acts 5:3-4) read these verses. Peter said lying to the Holy Ghost was the same as lying to God.
So if the Father is God, and the Son and Holy Ghost is God -- what does that make ?

@ ethan(n_e.. -- Come on !.. read (1Cor 15: 1-4 ) Christ died for our sins..was buried and rose again the third day. Jesus is also called King of kings and Lord of lords (1Tim 6:15 ). Also in (John 2:19-22 and 10:18) Jesus said he would resurrect himself from the dead and had the power to take his life back after the crucifixion. Yet (Acts 2:32 ) says God raised Jesus from the dead.
Now either Jesus lied or he is God in the flesh ( John 1:1,14 ).

@ Zebra Striking -- read any other english bible and it will tell you ( John 1:1,14 ) and the Word was God ..And the Word was made flesh. (1Tim 3:16 ) God wa
Update 2: manifest in the flesh. If the NWT translators had not changed (John 1:1 and Col 1:16 ) what would these verses tell you about Jesus Christ ? @ amumoth - (Phil 2:6-8) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God.But made himself of no reputation..form of a servant..in the likenes of... show more manifest in the flesh. If the NWT translators had not changed (John 1:1 and Col 1:16 ) what would these verses tell you about Jesus Christ ?

@ amumoth - (Phil 2:6-8) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God.But made himself of no reputation..form of a servant..in the likenes of men..found in fashion as a man..he humbled himself..

Here is the answer, Jesus had two natures, fully =God and fully=Man. Jesus made HIMSELF of no reputation, a servant and a man etc, God did not do this, Jesus did it himself because he was God in the flesh (John 1:1,14 ). It is a mystery how God became flesh (1Tim 3:16 ) we only have to believe he did not how.
(John 14:28 ) for my Father is greater than I -- notice how Jesus said my Father not my God is greater than I. Greater does not mean better because Jesus is part of the Godhead (Col 2:19 ) As a man he said this not as God. Remember his dual nature.

@ bar_enos - Jesus raised himself from the dead (John 2:19 ), God raise
Update 3: Jesus from the dead (Acts 2:32 ) the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead (Rom 8:11 ) Who raised Jesus from the dead ? (Eph 4: 3-6 ) Endeavouring to keep the UNITY of the Spirit..one body, one Spirit..One Lord, One God and Father. The Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit is a unity or a tri-unity that cannot be... show more Jesus from the dead (Acts 2:32 ) the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead (Rom 8:11 )
Who raised Jesus from the dead ?
(Eph 4: 3-6 ) Endeavouring to keep the UNITY of the Spirit..one body, one Spirit..One Lord, One God and Father.
The Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit is a unity or a tri-unity that cannot be seperated throughout scripture. Different functions but a unity to form the Godhead ( Rom 1:20 and Col 2:9).

@ Elijah -- (Col 1:15-18) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature..For by him were all things created..And he is before all things..and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the church; who is the begining, the firstborn from the dead, that all things he might have preeminence.

Self explanatory when you read another English bible without added words (other ) NWT.
Jesus created all things, he is before all things, because he is God (John 1:1 )
Notice the word (is) in these verses all written in the present tense !
Update 4: @ Abernathy the fool - (Ps 12:6-7) The words of the Lord are pure words. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation forever. Why could God Almighty who created the heavens and the earth not preserve his words in English for us ? The answer is that he did preserve them - (2 Pet... show more @ Abernathy the fool - (Ps 12:6-7) The words of the Lord are pure words. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation forever.

Why could God Almighty who created the heavens and the earth not preserve his words in English for us ? The answer is that he did preserve them - (2 Pet 1:21) For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

(2 Tim 3:16 ) All scripture is given by inspiration of God.
(Mat 24:35 ) Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

If you want to learn Hebrew and Greek - go a head. Nobody who reads an english bible has to learn those dead languages because God has preserved his words in our language. All we have to do is study and believe Gods word (2 Tim 2:15 ).
(1 John 5:13 ) These things have I written unto you..that ye may know that ye have eternal life.

God inspired John to write these words for us. What a wonderful God ! we can kno
Update 5: know about eternal life before we die. An unsaved person does not have to understand the trinity or deity of Christ etc, to get saved. Just believe the gospel by faith only (Acts 16:31, Rom 10:17, and Eph 1;13 ) remember Christ died for our sins not the trinity, the Father or the Holy Spirit (but they all have a... show more know about eternal life before we die. An unsaved person does not have to understand the trinity or deity of Christ etc, to get saved. Just believe the gospel by faith only (Acts 16:31, Rom 10:17, and Eph 1;13 ) remember Christ died for our sins not the trinity, the Father or the Holy Spirit (but they all have a part to play in our salvation )

@ Mindy -- what original bible and where is it ? it does not exist. There are thousands and thousands of copies of copies of the Hebrew and Greek mss etc -- all the originals are lost. For over 400 years people have believed (1John 5:7 ) in the KJV bible as being a cross reference to (Mat 28:19, 2 Cor 13:14 ) and many other verses pointing to Christ's deity ( John 1:1, Col 1:16, Heb 1:8 and John 20:28 )
Read these verses about the importance of defending bible doctrine.

(Acts 17:11 ).. they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether so things were so.
(2 Tim 3:16-17 ) All scripture is given by i
Update 6: inspiration of God, and is profitable for DOCTRINE, for REPROOF, for CORRECTION, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. This seems clear to me. We are to search the scriptures to find out if a doctrine is correct or false in fact, the word of... show more inspiration of God, and is profitable for DOCTRINE, for REPROOF, for CORRECTION, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

This seems clear to me. We are to search the scriptures to find out if a doctrine is correct or false in fact, the word of God makes us perfect when we rely on it alone. Do you believe that Gods word is the final authority on all matters regarding doctrine and faith ?
I DO !
@ Chuck -- (Heb 13:8 ) Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.
What does the word "same' mean ? It couldn't be as a man and not as an angel !
The answer - the eternal God ( John 1:1 )
Trust Jesus for your salvation and believe in your heart that he died for your sins on the cross -- and I will meet you in heaven as a fellow brother in Christ -- please think about it.

@ Bar- Anerges -- Why cannot the concept of a trinity be in the bible ?
(Rom 1:20 ) For the invisible things of him from the creation of th
Update 7: the world are clearly seen..even his eternal power and Godhead. ( Col 2:9 ) For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily. The power of the Godhead dwells in Christ's body. We know in (John 1:3 and Col 1:16-17 ) that Christ is before all things because he created all things. (Gen 1:1 ) God created the... show more the world are clearly seen..even his eternal power and Godhead.
( Col 2:9 ) For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

The power of the Godhead dwells in Christ's body. We know in (John 1:3 and Col 1:16-17 ) that Christ is before all things because he created all things.
(Gen 1:1 ) God created the heaven and the earth -- how did he do this ? answer : he spoke creation into existence through his > Word < ( John 1:1 and Rev 19 :13 ) the Word was God.
God is one God (Eph 4:6 and Js 2:19 ) but what does "one" mean ? why cannot it not mean a composite unity ? e.g ( Gen 1:26, 3:22, and 11:7 ) - where God is spoken of in the plural.
Now why do you believe it is unreasonable and illogical for God Almighty who created the heavens and earth to humble himself and come to earth as a man?
Update 8: @ Bar-Anerges - please take this verse to heart when you read the bible. (Proverbs 3:5 ) Trust in the Lord with all thine HEART; and lean not unto THINE UNDERSTANDING (caps mine ) Dont try and understand every scripture with your own "intellect" -- trust and believe Gods words even if you dont understand it... show more @ Bar-Anerges - please take this verse to heart when you read the bible.

(Proverbs 3:5 ) Trust in the Lord with all thine HEART; and lean not unto THINE UNDERSTANDING
(caps mine )

Dont try and understand every scripture with your own "intellect" -- trust and believe Gods words even if you dont understand it all.
Now you say the trinity doctrine is ridiculous because you believe it is illogical according to your own understanding of the concept -- right ?
Then be consistent with other teachings in the bible -- God "Spoke" creation into existence (Gen chap 1) -- do you understand how God did this ? is it illogical and ridiculous to you ?
Update 9: (Heb 11:3 ) Through FAITH we understand that the worlds were framed by the WORD of God We cannot understand with our own intellects how the worlds are framed by the word of God - we believe it through faith only. By the way who is the word of God in the bible ? -- Jesus Christ You do believe all the miracles... show more (Heb 11:3 )
Through FAITH we understand that the worlds were framed by the WORD of God

We cannot understand with our own intellects how the worlds are framed by the word of God - we believe it through faith only. By the way who is the word of God in the bible ? -- Jesus Christ
You do believe all the miracles from God in the bible even though we cannot understand them - right ?
God came to earth as a man (Jesus Christ ) lived a perfect and sinless life, died on the cross for our sins, rose again 3 days later, then he went back to heaven and is on the right side of the Father as our mediator. -- absurd and illogical to you ?

Its your choice to either believe this or reject it but it is biblical ( John 1:1,14, 1Cor 15:1-4, 1Tim 2:5, and Heb 10:12 )
Update 10: @ Chuck - Hi again, just a couple of comments on your reply. Did you read (Eph 4:5-6 ) ? ...One Lord... One God and Father of all. These are Titles referred to Jesus aswell (Isa 9:6, John 1:1 and Tit 1:4 ) Father, Son, and Holy Ghost = One God Also in (John 5:18 and John 10:33) being the Son of God made Jesus not... show more @ Chuck - Hi again, just a couple of comments on your reply. Did you read (Eph 4:5-6 ) ?
...One Lord... One God and Father of all.
These are Titles referred to Jesus aswell (Isa 9:6, John 1:1 and Tit 1:4 ) Father, Son, and Holy Ghost = One God
Also in (John 5:18 and John 10:33) being the Son of God made Jesus not only equal with God but God himself -- now who are you going to believe, the words of Jesus or the hypocritical jews ?
Keep searching for the truth.
p/s - you are an unbaptized JW, stay that way - trust Jesus for your salvation (Rom 10:9-10 ) and become a christian. Their no such thing as an unbaptized christian. Read (Eph 1:13 and 1Cor 12:13 ) we are baptized by the Spirit ( 3rd person of the trinity ) into the body of Christ when we believe the gospel
Update 11: Thanks everybody for your answers. I couldn't reply to every point made but I read your answers.
The bible is our final authority on all matters regarding faith (2 Tim 3:16 and Heb 4:12 )
Please choose who you think gave the best answer.
18 answers 18