How do you feel about illegals voting in primary, general & consolidated elections?

A Filipino woman living in Grayslake was arrested and charged with 17 felony counts related to voter fraud Thursday after being accused of falsely pretending to be a U.S. citizen and voting nine times in elections dating back to 2003, federal officials announced.

Maria Azada, 53, was arrested by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations, which worked with an investigator for the Lake County State’s Attorney’s office.

Azada faces charges of perjury, mutilation of election materials, and tampering with voting machines in connection with illegal voting by a non-U.S. citizen, according to an ICE news release.

Azada allegedly admitted that she had voted in an election in February 2009 while attending an immigration benefit. It is illegal for foreign nationals to vote in national or state elections in the United States.

“A subsequent investigation revealed that Azada allegedly voted nine times in primary, general and consolidated elections between 2003 and 2009,” according to the news release.

According to the arrest warrant, Azada allegedly falsely claimed to be a U.S. citizen on two Illinois voter registration applications.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/chibrknews-ice-...

Favorite Answer

it's illegal, obviously enough. but it sounds like business as usual in Chicago.

definite. i'm going to be vote casting in the two elections. I even have on no account neglected vote casting in any election because first transforming into eligible to vote in 1960. yet, as a non-partisan voter, my universal pollwill be for non-partisan places of work. In my part of the rustic a lot of applicants do precinct walks, ringing on doorbells to fulfill the voters. in the event that they are looking for for an non-compulsory workplace I ask yet one question, look ahead to the respond, and use that to form my alternatives on my poll: "what's it which you think of you're able to do as an elected solid which you presently won't manage to do as a private citizen?". For the elected solid who's finding for re-election I ask 4 questions: a million. What skill do you think of you have? 2. Who gave you that skill? 3. In whose call do you employ that skill? 4. To whom are you to blame for the workout of that skill? If the elected solid would not answer "the persons", then I ask myself here question: "How do i'm getting rid of you?".

I highly doubt that this is a widespread problem. Most illegal immigrants aren't dumb enough to go out and try to vote, especially when they don't get anything out of it personally. Just because one individual was caught doesn't mean anything.

same thing as any criminals who breaks the law, illegal or not.

How can an illegal person possibly vote???

outraged, as all citizens should be

pro-illegals will claim this never happens