Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelLatin AmericaVenezuela · 9 years ago

Should America assassinate Chavez in order to liberate Venezuela ?

Favorite Answer

Difficult question. Venezuela is a beautiful country and I visit it very often, but I feel as though my travels are never fully satisfied because I'm constantly afraid something will happen to me. This won't stop me from going there, because I have so much family and friends there but id rather feel safe than afraid.

To those who say that there are elections in Venezuela, yes, there are... BUT elections are usually tampered with and Chavez finds ways to keep himself in power with or without the votes of the people. His only supporters are the poor, who agree with him because they have no support system other than Chavez which in any other country would be good, but the case in Venezuela makes the poor people able to murder, kidnap, and steal from those who are better of than them with NO consequence. Because of CHAVEZ, crime in Venezuela is through the roof, and Caracas the main city has been named Murder capital of the world, with at least one murder every hour.

Chavez needs to be taken OUT of power in order to restore Venezuela to the beautiful country it once was. My father lived there for many years (after leaving Madeira Portugal) before coming to Canada, and worked in many places and although crime was evident, was not as bad as it is now. In all honesty I don't care how it happens as long as it does. I'd rather not see Chavez assassinated, as I am pretty peaceful and not in favour of the death sentence or anything like that... but when it comes to my family and friends I'll do anything to keep them safe, and everyday I fear that something is going to happen to them... And if that's what it takes then that's what it takes. I already have a second cousin who was kidnapped with his uncle and his father. Their kidnappers videotaped them being tortured and sent the tapes to their homes asking for ransom. My family pulled together and came up with the money but the kidnappers gave my cousin and his family an ultimatum, they had to choose one person to die and with that my cousins uncle chose to die, in order to save a father and a son. In another case, the family of a lady I know had to come up with money in order to save their son. They came up with the money and gave it to the kidnappers and were given a note with the location of where their son would be. When they showed up at the location (under a bridge, 5 hours away) they found their son, dead. Assassinating Chavez would be essentially be saving the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.

And no, my stories are NOT made up. Try googling it, but you won't find any hits. Because this happens so often many of these cases are not recorded unless it is the family of media-related people. Oh and if you're wondering about the police, they're no help. In fact, from what my cousins tell me, police are usually in on the crimes.

Source(s): ME

Many people think that should be the right thing to do. It's a difficult question. I do think the man is a dictator that is destroying that beautiful country. I don't know if freeing Venezuela by killing Chavez should be called "assassination". It should be called "liberation".

-

• OC

I think before we liberate Venezuela the American people should be liberated from the blood sucking banks and The Federal Reserve, which is 100% owned by the bloodsucking banks, and major U.S. corporations that take big time advantage of their employees because of greed. When that job is done we can think about liberating other countries.

Source(s): A concerned citizen.
  • Brian

Yes I think!

Super idea

I hate him

He's just the most corrupt person I've ever seen in Americas and it's affecting the other countries in Americas

Venezuela has elections and the people vote for their choice.

I just hope people wake up and throw him out once and for all before he devastates our country, and it's too late.

WTF are you talking about, half southamerica support Chavez. Many of us consider him a regional leader whit balls to say whatever he wants. the ******** yanks should be the ones assassinated.