do you send a cover letter when applying for jobs online?

i am looking for a new job and have not really done anything online (been at my job for over a decade) and just want to make sure i do things correctly. i'm figuring yes, but i really don't know. thank you all in advance.

Best Answer

Hey now Spuds.

I do send a cover letter. I think it's important to introduce yourself along w/your resume. Good luck!

2

Source(s): Get Paid From Surveys : http://OnlineSurveys.iukiy.com/?DOwD

Well, darling, I was laid off a couple of weeks ago, so I've been applying for jobs, and I've found that not all online applications have a way to attach one. I've actually applied for positions for which I've had to copy the contents of my resume into a field on the application.

Usually, however, there is a way to attach a cover letter to an online application, and of course, if you're sending your resume by email, you should have one.

It's always best to have one ready and send it whenever you can.

(((spuds)))

I always send a one-page cover letter that is catered to the company and position posted or to just let them know about my abilities and accomplishments.

I do that while applying for all jobs, not just online ones.

Good Luck!

Absolutely. Keep the resume & clean & short as possible...so the cover letter is the only thing that really connects your resume to the position & spins it...know what I mean??

Not to mention, lots of hiring peeps like to weed down the stack as quick as possible & a missing cover letter is criteria we've used in the past as an excuse not to have to read one of the 200 resumes we got.

I don't think it's necessary. I would send a resume, and maybe a letter of intent showing that you know something about the company you're apply to.

• Joan

First off do not apply on line. It really is a waste of time. Clean up dress nice and go to the store, ask to speak to the manager. Tell them you want to work there and ask them what they look for in an employee. If they are even thing about hiring this will get you in the door.

I would send a short cover letter highlighting your strong points--plus it shows your personality! Make it stand out from your resume to capture attention!

well my answer would be yeah! definitely.

your gonna have to have a cover letter to introduce yourself and tell about yourself if you want the job. your gonna have to have an excellent grammar and tell them about your personals!

includes:

Objective

your career

what do you look for in life

your skills

personals

degree

what is your strength

about you

in your cover letter your gonna have to have something interesting and big..always put those on top cause if you put boring n unimportant stuff on top of your cover letter they are not going to read it all they are just gonna throw it away. . soo always do the interesting and big like suprising on top so they would continue reading and would like to hire you!

I would say yes. It's a way of introducing yourself and saying things that don't fit well on a resume.

Keep it short and to the point. I *love* it when people get right to the point. Let them know you'll be a valued asset :-)

Good luck!