I VOTE
I VOTE asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Glenn Beck Says GOD Is Sending a Message To Japan?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110316/ts_alt_afp/ja...

US celebrities and media blasted right-wing radio host and television presenter Glenn Beck for calling the monster quake that rocked Japan last week a message from God.

The disaster has claimed nearly 3,400 lives and left more than 10,000 people missing in northeastern Japan.

In a rambling presentation on his radio show on Monday, Beck said God may have caused the catastrophe in Japan because he was angry with mankind, and warned people to change their ways.

"I'm not saying God is, you know, causing earthquakes. Well -- I'm not not saying that either," Beck said.

"What God does is God's business, I have no idea. But I'll tell you this: whether you call it Gaia or whether you call it Jesus -- there's a message being sent. And that is, 'Hey, you know that stuff we're doing? Not really working out real well. Maybe we should stop doing some of it,'" Beck said.

He suggested that God could be appeased -- and presumably convinced to not cause any more earthquakes -- if people followed the biblical Ten Commandments.

The San Francisco Chronicle called Beck's comments "religious wackery," and the Los Angeles Times said they were the latest in a string of "thoughtless" statements about the disaster in Japan by people in the media spotlight.

Time Magazine writer Alex Altman wondered if Beck's comments might be "the nudge" needed for Fox News television to let him go. Beck's contract with Fox is up for renewal.

Beck's comments recall those made by US evangelical preacher Pat Robertson after last year's deadly earthquake in Haiti.

Robertson said the Haiti quake, which killed more than 220,000 people, was caused because Haitians "swore a pact to the devil" to help them shake off French colonial rule in the late 18th century.

Best Answer

It's pretty sucky, but no worse than Jerry Falwell who blamed the gays for 9/11; not to mention that the Y2K bug being a "Judgement from God." I was wondering how long it would take for the religious nitwits out there to claim that God did it.

Rush Limbaugh has already weighed in with his bigoted laughing.

I'm also anxiously awaiting Pat Robertson's silliness on that tragedy.

If Beck is right then perhaps Japan has experienced the Rapture and the rest of us were left behind to face the wrath of God.

As for Pat Robertson - the Great Judgment Day won't be pretty for him.

.

And of course, Glenn, in his infinite wisdom, knows exactly what message God was trying to send. And it just so happens that God's message falls in line with Glenn's agenda. Wow, what freakin' surprise.

And by the way, of all the crappy countries and evil dictators in the world, why did 'God' pick Japan? Does he not like Hello Kitty and robots?

Looks like it, wonder what he thinks God's message to him was, when he heard that his Mom drowned in what he him-self calls a suicide. Not to be harsh but it is true that tragedy touches many, weird how he thinks that he can decipher God's message, but I guess such can only be expected from a self pro-claim teacher who never got a degree.

• He has not gone after the real bad boys yet. Perhaps he is saving the best for last

By that logic, he should have considered it a message from God when FoxNews fired him.

False prophets always claim to have a direct line to god.

Its just to get attention I'd say, he likes his show to recieve more ratings and what not.

• Remember what Forrest Gump's mama said, "stupid is as stupid does". Beck is stupid.

Robertson too.

You can disagree with his OPINIONS all day long if you want. But the one thing you libtards have never been able to do is refute the facts of which he bases his opinions on. Facts like Obama's close ties to various radical groups and people like SEIU, William Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, just to name a few.

You guys are pathetic. But what can anyone expect from those whose position on certain issues are so fallible and so unpopular to those who value freedom and the constitution? The only people listening to your crap are your fellow Obamabots. You're not convincing anyone with a brain to change their mind based on mere desperate attacks on the people you hate.