The cat is very, very angry!?

My friend is moving to an apartment where she can't have pets (it was the only place she could get in to in the time allowed) we tried giving her cat, female unfixed 1 year old, to another friend but the cat went on wild on them. She growled and swatted at them any time they entered the room she was in and... show more My friend is moving to an apartment where she can't have pets (it was the only place she could get in to in the time allowed) we tried giving her cat, female unfixed 1 year old, to another friend but the cat went on wild on them. She growled and swatted at them any time they entered the room she was in and actually ripped through a pair of leather gloves. We tried one of the collars the vet recommended with the pheromones the mother cat gives off but it didn't help. When the original owner took her back she was fine, back to love and sweet to guests myself included. So I tried bringing her into my house, now she is doing the same things only to me and she has made me bleed. I haven't taken her out of the carrier, just set her down keeping my cats away from her and putting her things from home around the room.

Do you have any suggestions on how to calm her down? She was didn't calm down in two weeks of being with the other people, only got worse, and I don't want to have to send her to a shelter.

Facts about the home: I have three other cats, 1 is a litter mate of the one I am bringing in. All the others are fixed and were happy giving her space until she attacked me, then she got smacked by my eldest.

Have you been through this? Suggestions and stories welcome and needed!
Update: We are planning on getting her fixed as soon as the funds are available. Her original owners are paying as the hope is she will be able to remain with me for about a year and a half to two years. I am giving her free reign in my office which I steam cleaned before her arrival and have added her toys and bowls and... show more We are planning on getting her fixed as soon as the funds are available. Her original owners are paying as the hope is she will be able to remain with me for about a year and a half to two years. I am giving her free reign in my office which I steam cleaned before her arrival and have added her toys and bowls and such from home. I am also making certain to sit in there with her working on my computer so she has sounds that are similar to home and happen often in my house. I talk quietly to her when she growls and it sometimes calms her, sometimes enrages her.
Update 2: Clover, the cat in question was originally from a home of three cats, one was her mother and one was her father. The second home she tried had an older cat who she beat senseless. I am thinking you all are right about the time and the scents, and I am trying to spend time with her but it is difficult when she... show more Clover, the cat in question was originally from a home of three cats, one was her mother and one was her father. The second home she tried had an older cat who she beat senseless. I am thinking you all are right about the time and the scents, and I am trying to spend time with her but it is difficult when she comes after me for entering the room. *crosses fingers* I'm going to try the being there but not paying attention to only her and keep watching for all your suggestions! Thanks so much for the advice so far!