Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How do I delete text messages off of an android phone?

I just purchased a Samsung Android phone. My service is with Virgin Mobile. I am wondering if anyone knows how to delete text messages that I receive, but don't want. I appreciate your help!

Favorite Answer

you probably just go to the text message screen where it has all of the different contacts you are texting and hold down the one you want to delete. mine and my boyfriend have different android phones and both will pop up asking if we want to delete the thread or view it.

• ?

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/a9ZkR

Go to the message that you would like to delete INSIDE of the thread and hold it down. A dropdown menu should appear. Select "Delete" from the menu and it deletes the message. Sadly, you have to do that for each text message that you would like to delete. To erase contacts, go to the contact that you would like to delete and hold on the name of the contact. And you should be able to delete the contacts! ;) There is an app on Google Play called SMS Lock by ThinkYeah and it allows you to lock your messages app with a passcode. I suggest that application for locking messages. Hopefully I helped you ! PS, I know how you feel with being confused over a new phone. That's how i felt with my new iPhone 4S, but it takes time to learn it.

I would think that you would swipe it off, but that doesn t work. Here is the correct answer. You hold your thumb on the text, and a drop down menu appears.

I know this thread is old.. but I too want to say thank you... just couldn't work out how to delete messages.. ..!

No such " screen " exists. Android v 4.3 Coolpad Arise

This is a great answer. Worked for me.

LesB

@DkB Thank you! It worked for me as well.

thanks I have s4 and worked fine. however it deleted all the messages

thak you