Bike Pannier/rack help?

Hi, I've just bought a new bike which I'm hoping to use to carry various stuff (groceries mainly). I've just got a quick question about panniers. Firstly, all of my searches for 'panniers' on ebay, etc, come up with things like... show more Hi, I've just bought a new bike which I'm hoping to use to carry various stuff (groceries mainly). I've just got a quick question about panniers. Firstly, all of my searches for 'panniers' on ebay, etc, come up with things like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DOUBLE-BIKE-CYCLE-STORAGE-BAG-PANNIER-WATER-RESIST-BLK-/370487825354?pt=UK_Sports_Leisure_Cycling_Bags_Panniers_SR&hash=item5642cb93ca

does this include the metal rack thing? I can't work it out and I don't know enough about bikes to infer it either way.

Secondly, if it doesn't include a rack, are there any good places I can get one cheaply? I'm slightly iffy about ebay because you never know if it'll be reasonable quality - and I really don't want my milk spilling all over the road. (Halfords is a bit out of my price range -> I'm a student). Also, are there different 'sizes' for racks/panniers, or a generic one-size-fits-all.
Also, I may be acting retarded here, but in that photo, it looks as if the bag gets in the way of your cycling?

*Any* (and i mean any) help would be appreciated, thanks!
5 answers 5