How Much Is The Sistine Chapel Worth?

How much would you consider the artwork that fills the Sistine Chapel to be worth?

From Raphael's tapestries, to Michelangelo's 12,000+ square feet of paintings (including the Last Judgment and the infamous Creation of Man) to frescoes by Ghirlandaio, and Michelangelo, to the numerous life sized busts by Michelangelo, the Sistine Chapel's art, I would say, is worth in the HIGH billions of dollars, but what would you guys say?

Thanks

Favorite Answer

As an art appraiser, I would value the entire exhibit between 450-550 billion dollars. It is easily the most expensive transportable, and technically salable object. However, had it not been restored, because the way the paint was repainted, exposed to chemicals and repainted again, the value would be increase by 300% to anywhere from 1.8 - 2.2 trillion dollars.

Now, it's quite obvious that no one could afford even 1/5th of 550 billion dollars, but I am giving that estimate based on the value if each painting, fresco, bust, tapestry, etc were sold by itself.

I would value the full wall of "The Last Judgment" at about 45-65 billion, so it is better off just to call it priceless because no one person can afford that and no two people are dumb enough to share it.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How Much Is The Sistine Chapel Worth?

From Raphael's tapestries, to Michelangelo's 12,000+ square feet of paintings (including the Last Judgment and the infamous Creation of Man) to frescoes by Ghirlandaio, and Michelangelo, to the numerous...

Source(s): sistine chapel worth: https://tr.im/VVfI8

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awnTx

What I would say "the sheep complex". Each one thinks he/she must do what everyone does. Each one going to Rome thinks that visiting the Sistine Chapel is a must, even without wondering what it really is and if there may be something else what is worth seeing. And coming back to one's country, each one who has visited just it in Rome is persuaded that there is nothing else to see, because he/she has visited nothing else. So, he/she keeps reporting to everyone "The Sistine Chapel is a must see, you really can't go to Rome without visiting it". And so away, more and more, disperately. I've visited it many times. It would be a wonderful place if it was not obsessed by hordes of tourists who go there because "it is a must see", even without knowing at all who Michelangelo was, why painted this chapel and what his paintings mean. Unless I go there immediately after the opening of the Museum, when the visit conditions are almost human, I feel the same that I would feel in the subway of Tokyo in the rush hour.

I restore art objects and I'm a restorer of antiquities in the UK.

My God! you just cannot put a monetary value on such beautiful works of art. The whole 'shebang' is completely priceless, but probably worth trillions of £££££s $$$$$$s. No-one could afford to buy it. Its worth more than the entire American space project plus all of their defense budget.

I've been there, and there is no way to determine a value. If a value could be set, it would be more than anyone in the world could afford. But if I set a price on it, it would look something like this. $1,000,000,000,000,000,000.00 There are somethings in life that a price can't be placed on, such as love, or human life.

• Corey6 years agoReport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf7Uo6nqaIg

Actually there is. If you follow this link maybe you can learn some stuff lol

technically it would be considered priceless being that there wouldn't be a price one can attach to unique objects such as this. If it was to go on sale it would be auctioned and the price would start in the tens or maybe hundreds of billions and go from there, I doubt any one could afford it though

• Jay

It is priceless and untouchable, as far as monetary value goes.