Erykah Badu's Master Teacher?

I can tell this song is deep, but she uses phrases i'm not accustomed to hearing like, I stay woke, kinda similar to in "on and on" how she say's "I was born underwater with 3 dollars and six dimes" You just kinda have to know what it means. Can somebody explain what Ms. Badu is saying in this song?

Thanks Yahoo community.

Favorite Answer

The line from On & On, "I was born underwater/with 3 dollars & six dimes," is based on Five Percent ideology. 3 dollars and six dimes equal $3.60. 360 is the number of degrees in a circle, which means that she was born whole and complete. She was born underwater because she is a Pisces (Feb. 26), and the element of the Pisces is water.

The "I Stay Woke" line from Master Teacher can be interpreted in different ways. New Amerykah Part One: 4th World War is a very political album, so it could mean to stay aware of what's going on in the world around you, and don't let the government keep you unaware of their scandals, conspiracies, the racism that still exists, etc. Spiritually, the line could mean to stay conscious and in touch with your higher self.

• 6 years agoReport

Nick, STELLAR answers right there! Thats EXACTLY what I got from Erykah. Man, i seriously LOVE this chick, she speaks TRUTH!

• homme

Erykah Badu Master Teacher

• tsosie

Master Teacher Lyrics

She was born under water; a baby is held in water for at least 36($3 and 6 dimes ) weeks (9 months) in a mother's womb. That's why a woman's"water breaks" when the child is ready to enter the world. It's symbolic of baptism, being born again. She says you may laugh cause you fid not do your math, obviously it's math involved. You're welcome.

Not sure but maybe she is saying ''I was born with nothing'', or something like that? because when you are born, you don't really have much, so 3 dollars and 6 dimes isn't a lot of money either. And now look where she is...im not sure though.

• Joanne

Mama's Gun & Baduizm