The Soviet Union forced nomadic peoples to work on massive government farms to grow wheat in which of the foll?

A) Azerbaijan

B) Kazakhstan

C) Tajikistan

D) Turkmenistan

• Randal
    Favorite Answer

A) Azerbaijan (Work force (April 2010): 4.333 million. Agriculture and forestry--38.3%; wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles, personal and household goods--16.1%; education--8.5%; public administration and defense, social security--6.8%)

==> B) Kazakhstan (Work force (2007 est., 8.16 million): Industry and construction--18.1%; agriculture and fishing--32.9%; services--49%)

C) Tajikistan (Work force (2010): The official work force is 2.1 million. The actual number of working age citizens is closer to 4 million. As many as half of all working age males, and an increasing number of females, seek jobs outside of the country, primarily in Russia)

D) Turkmenistan (Climate: Desert)

------------

Soviet repression of the traditional elites, along with forced collectivization in late 1920s-1930s, brought about mass hunger and starvation, leading to civil unrest. Soviet rule, however, took hold, and a communist apparatus steadily worked to fully integrate Kazakhstan into the Soviet system.

---------------

Thus, the answer to your question is: ===> B) Kazakhstan

I hope this is helpful in your research.

B. Kazakhstan!

Source(s): i am kazakh and i know my history very well :)

The answers are all wrong. Soviet Union had "колхо́з​ system since it's existence in ALL of USSR, including Ukraine, Baltic States, Georgia, etc. Kолхо́з​ was many farms and other form of agriculture plantations combined together to form one massive centralized system.

Source(s): I lived there.

B. Kazakhstan

100% positive

Ummmmm...

C

I think.....

To be honest I'd have to do some reading to be sure.