What is the cause of corruption?

I need to write an essay about the cause and effect of corruption.

Please help me. Give me some idea.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Simply : Greed. The constant quest of people wanting more in terms of luxuries and comfort.That is the reason why some countries' leaders covert, even some charitable organisations.

The effect : lost of identity and blinded by initial goal, resulting in the sufferings of others who are in need.

• 10 years ago

For your essay, you will need to find some famous people who were corrupt and use them as examples. Also, there is a well-known quote: "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely." If you can find out who said it, that should get you some marks!

To think about the causes and effects of corruption, imagine that you are an all-powerful monarch who can do what you like, take what you want, have people taken away and beaten or killed if they annoy you... how long would it before you started to treat people unfairly... then cruelly? And eventually the effect would probably be that you were deposed - kicked out by your poor, suffering subjects.

• 10 years ago

well.. it stemmed out on hierrachy of levels in the country basically...

first of, starting from the government.. den to external parties and cascade down to the employees...

basically it's the idea of "shortcut" to gain more money. and also... what we humans are facing now, nothing is about quality.. it's all quantity... since the culture is building as such, humans are driving to be more impatient just to see results, to achieve more. and the rest follows, no more integrity, humility, graciousness etc... drives ppl back to what i'm saying... no more humanity.

to drive for power to excel or gain for benefits, corruption is ideal since nobody else cares bout others his/her rice bowl, only their own.

Source(s): own thoughts
  • 10 years ago

cause: greed

effect: corruption

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Greed, hunger for power, basically.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.