SM/JYP/YG etc. Entertainment Audition Questions?

Hehe i know that there are just so many questions on this already but i have a few questions myself.. ^^"

I'm 13 years old and i'm vietnamese, born in australia, speak fluent english and am trying to learn korean.. just a little background information ^^

so.. myy questions are:

1. Are there any age limits for the auditions? How old is exactly OLD?

2. Are there any weekly auditions in Korea? I know that SM has one, but do JYP or YG have any? Also, must you be a resident to audition? Is it possible to audition when you're just visiting korea?

3. Must you be pale? I know this a pretty lame question, but i'm pretty tanned...

4. Following on question 3, anyone know any ways to lighten skin color? I used to be pale but then i spent too much time in the sun >< LOL Sorry, i know that question isn't audition related xD

5. What exactly do the companies look for? I know that SM looks for appearence over talent, but anything else? I have a pretty low voice, and can't sing high ranges that well ><

6. Is it better to sing in korean or english?

7. For the rhythm test, do you have to dance or can you just clap? I'm a bad freestyler T.T

8. Anyone know which information on auditions are true or false?

9. How many trainees are in the companies? I heard SM has 100, but on another site it said they only had 20..

10. How can you make your singing improve? I can't seem to sing powerfully and belt... and how can you improve your vocal range?

11. Any good recommendations for an audition song?

12. How tall would they want you to be? I'm pretty short... so any ideas on how to grow taller? ^^"

13. How to improve dancing? ^^"

14. What clothes should you wear for the audition

I"M SO SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS ><

But thank you :)

Favorite Answer

hello there~! sorry but I'm more interested in Sm so some of my answers would based on Sm's style.

1. NO, there's no age limit in auditioning. but i suggest auditioning where you're 13-18 yrs old would increased the possibility that you'll be accepted

2. Jyp and Yg doesn't have any weekly audition but jyp has online audition

http://audition.jype.com/board/?id=notice_eng&mode...

Yg is currently holding global audition

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/05/yg-entertainment-is...

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/12/yg-entertainment-to...

Official website : http://www.yg-audition.com

3. well, if you'll audition for Sm then you need to be pale, but if you're auditioning for Jyp and Yg., it doesn't matter if your pale or not as long as you have the talent

4. If you'll stay indoor and avoid sunlight you're skin might whiten..,,

If your living in cold countries like korea, after how many months your skin will return to its normal state like if you're natural skin is white then it will go back to being white..,

Use whitening lotion everyday and every night, be patient and you'll get the skin you've always wanted.

5. they look for charisma, confidence and passion. you need to have all these 3 in order to survive entertainment world.. it's one of Sm, Jyp and especially for Yg's criteria.

6. It doesn't matter what song you sing, their looking for singing talent so your voice does matter here.

7. you can just clap if you don't know how to freestyle but freestyling will show off your talent in dancing.

8. visit Sm's official website for true information about audition

http://www.smtown.com

9. there might be many trainees training under Sm, i mean you never know unless you've become one of their trainees.

10. do vocal warm-ups, sing everyday, exercise your voice, take vocal lessons..

For vocal range:

http://www.become-a-singing-master.com/improve-voc...

http://www.become-a-singing-master.com/improve-you...

http://www.sing-like-a-pro.com/range.htm

11. I'll suggest songs that will show-off your talent.., if you're not that good in singing,. at least pick a song that you're more comfortable with. cause songs doesn't matter when auditioning as long as you'll impress the judge with your singing.

12. No, there's no height limit. SNSD's taeyeon and sunny are pretty short, they we're accepted cause they have the talent.

Ways to grow taller :

http://growingtallerguide.com/index.php/21/how-to-...

http://www.betaller.com/growing-taller.htm

13. take dancing lessons, dance everyday, do stretching and exercise everyday (for your body to become flexible), do yoga and have the willpower and confidence.

14. just wear clothes you're comfortable on wearing, like wearing NOT-SO-TIGHT shirt or something.

Glad to help!

good luck!(:

1. you already in good age for auditions. cause they will be trainee for some years right? 2. i think it's a yes. but it's okay too for you using english. 3. Yes 4. your worries right. there're a bunch of that things. better you go for live auditions 5. SM goes more for looks than talents. 6. do not wear thick make-up. just show your real face. 7. something casual. do not wear something "over too much" 8. up to you but better yo choose song that show your real voice. 9. uh...? the most confident with? 10. you don't have to i think. 11. yes, as i heard you have to dance for a minute and show your skills 12. upbeat song. if you auditioning on dance, you may make your own song for dance 13. yesss 14. yes, life school other things 15. i dont think you not debut, coz if they too may trainee in a company, it's feel kinda insolvent for the company or by any chance you're going to kick out ?

1. as i know for SM, they looking for young ones, up until 18 i guess. for else i guess no.

2. yes. don't know. nope. yes. but for jyp you can go to their website www.jype.com

3. pale???

4. at least you not have dark skin,

5. low voice doesn't mean you can sing, even low voice can be pretty. i guess low voice good for rapper. most company look for talent.

6. if you can sing in korean, you may trey. buut not, just sing in english. it will effect your scoring.

7. same goes. you just show up what you got. don't just clapping. it's no use if your body not moving,

8. some are true some are not.

9. don't know for sure/

10. take a vocal class and traine your voice but do not push yourself.

11. sing a song that you can sing well and show your real voice.

12. drink milk, swim and do sport, plenty rest

13. try to watch dancing videos and try to listen beat that can make you move. it works on me.

14. casual.

good luck on your audition. going in the end of this year~

Source(s): friendm, me, research

Hello~~

No, there are no age limitations, but I would suggest to audition under the age of 20.

No, JYP and YG do not have weekly auditions. But luckily, JYP has online auditions if you want to check it out. (audition.jype.com) You can apply for it all year round. Yes, you may just audition if you're visiting Korea.

Probably not for JYP and YG. Most of their artists are pretty tanned, not Snow White white. SM would most likely give you skin cream or the sort to make your skin whiter. Your skin could naturally get paler by time.

Like I said, if you stayed indoors for awhile and avoid the sun, your skin could get paler by a bit. You could also look around for skin cream. ^^

Companies also look for passion. You have to show them you will go for that goal and you want it. Don't worry, if they see potential in you, they'll take you in and train you to your best. (:

There is no better in here. As long as the song shows of your vocals, or it's easy for you to sing. Prepare at least 3 songs just in case, a different language each.

It's your choice, but freestyling to the music is recommended. It'll show the judges you can do more, but clapping is fine.

Do you mean as in if they do all those steps in an audition? I'm not quite sure on what you mean, but there is a person on here, (xguy) who is currently an SM trainee from what I see, he knows a lot about the audition process. You can look him up.

No one is sure, but there are probably only a handful.

Just practice everyday. Practice makes perfect. (: Start with warming up your voice before you sing, so you won't damage your throat and voice. It helps a lot. Drink warm water, or some lemonade with honey. Go search online for vocal warm ups and freeing your vocal range.

Hmm, I would say a ballad song. Do NOT sing a song from their company. Here are some suggestions- (along with English and Korean songs)

Reflection - Mulan

Part Of Your World - Little Mermaid

Sad Inflection - Kim Bum Soo

Hopelessly Devoted - Olivia Newton John

Those are just some I just thought off of the top of my head... sorry. ^^

They probably don't have a height limit, so don't worry. I'm pretty short, too. I'm 4'11.

13. How to improve dancing? ^^"

Again, practice, practice, practice! Start off with easy dancing steps from dances. Copy the dancing and make up your own. Or you could take a dancing class.

Wear something casual. Something you would wear to school, but with a little more. Don't overdo the clothing and makeup, though. They want something fresh and natural.

Most of my answers were SM & JYP biased because I know more about them than YG. Sorry~~~ good luck on your audition!

Singing is something that everybody can learn and improve. Of course, some are more naturally skilled than others, but even a poor voice can be overcome by dedication, practice, and more practice. Even if you're content to sing in the shower, there are some things you can do to improve your voice. This is probably the best online course to improve your singing skills https://tr.im/0bdt8

Your golden voice will be ringing out in no time!

• Ashley

1