Can this woman be charged with child endangerment? ?

My uncles girlfriend attacked me while I was holding my ten month old. She pulled me to the ground and hit and kicked me. I had my baby in my arms the whole time. Thank god she wasn't hurt, just very frightened. By the time the police got there she was gone. I filed a report and was treated for minor injuries. How can I make sure she is arrested? And because I'm seventeen and she is in her thirties, can she be charged with assault on a minor?

3 Answers

  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    I'm a former Police officer in GA. Depends on what the laws in your state dictate but here in Ga the perpetrator can be charged with child endangerment because she assaulted you and your 10 month old child was present during the assault and was at risk for potential harm. You can file charges on her for the child endangerment AND the assault against you which would be considered Battery here in the state of Ga due to your visible injuries. You need to take the police report and go to your local magistrate judge to swear out said warrants and bring any witnesses that might have seen the incident.

    Source(s): Former Police Officer
  • 10 years ago

    Go down to the police station where the report is filed and sign a warrant.

  • 10 years ago

    If there were witnesses, you'd have a better chance of her being charged with child endangerment.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.