UCLA girl bashing Asians?

What do you all think about the UCLA girl who bashed Asians on youtube? Do you think everyone is overreacting or do you think that the criticisms are completely in-line? Granted she made a conscious choice to post the video even after she said the comment about the tsunami. What do you think? Should she be punished at all?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

Personally I think everyone is blowing this whole thing out of proportion. I have some Asian friends who think it's not that big of a deal simply because it's one person who they'll never hear from again. Who cares what one white girl says? It's not like anyone agreed with her. Sure she was very racist and I can see how everyone gets upset over that, but tons of people are racist all the time and no one cares. The tsunami comment pushed everyone over though and for that she already went through a punishment: public humiliation.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Without a doubt it was wrong of her to do what she did; but it is not as bad as people have made it out to be, and it certainly does not earn her the right to be threatened with her life, and nor should she be punished by the college.

From my rendition of the video, I don't see racism in there; I'm not saying she isn't racist because I don't know her personally, but that video does not depict any racism she may have. She seemed as though she was worried about her FINAL exams, and if her complaints are true, then she has every right to be angry. And for the college to punish her, well maybe if they had introduced a 'silent rule' in the library like most libraries do, then this may not have happened. And most Asians are rude; very rude and impolite I have found!

• 9 years ago

Her personal observations are of non-westernized probably NOT born and raised in the US asians. Tell her to observe, westernized asians.. the one's that are MOST LIKELY cooler MORE popular and lets not forget MORE filthy rich than her. Coz then, her rant would be pointless.. let's stop hating on asians. They out number us by billions. Even with Japan getting hit hard by a natural disaster, they can still over populate and multiply with you're children like no tomorrow!!! and thats just JAPAN.. China and India are BOTH ASIAN COUNTRIES!!

they're are not a superior race, no one race is.. but they do have something superior over little miss Alexandra Wallace, you can expect NO such video reply of an equally ignorant rebuttal.

• 9 years ago

if you look past the racist immature garbage and overuse of "like", she has a point. (her imitation of an asian was really corny and unnecessary, but obviously she wasn't going for the professional PC aspect). i live in a town thats 80% asian and i can definitely see her point of view. i'd be pretty pissed if i was in the library doing my own thing and ANYONE rudely talks on the phone like no big deal. since UCLA is mainly asian, then yeah of course she's gonna rant on asians. if UCLA was mainly white and people rudely chatted on the phone in a LIBRARY for gods sake, she'd rant on loud white people. everyone has their way of dealing with anger, and i'll bet you anything the day she posted it she was in the library when she heard someone (asian, apparently) and that was the straw that broke the camels back for her. but yeah everybody has blown this out of proportion, i mean its a stupid video. it's not like nobody else has opinions, they just don't post it on the internet. as for punishments, this social faux pas and everyone getting pissed at her and being mocked should be enough. i'm sure ucla will do something too cuz they got embarrassed big time.

look at it this way, if whites were known for being really loud in libraries and an asian kid posted a video of the same level of maturity, would the result be different?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

honestly, she was stupid to post that on youtube.

its true that people on their phones are annoying in the library.

however the fact is that she pinpointed a specific race. and she proceeded to mock.

along that the way she had phrased things came off as criticizing. criticizing that many asians were being accepted into UCLA. not only did it damage UCLA's reputation and hurt the feelings of asian students at UCLA many asian communities around the u.s. are very very angry by her post.

there really is a double standard because if she said that about african americans she would NOT be still enrolled as of right now. but because she pinpointed asians somehow its not urgent enough to resolve literally asap.

overrall, watching that video me question, how does UCLA really choose pople during admission for people like her to be accepted??

i really hope the school thinks carefully of what they do in the end. if they dont do enough. the threats will come in larger heaps.

• 9 years ago

The whole thing has been blown out of proportion. Yes, it was stupid of her to post that video. But the death threats she has been receiving are not warranted. The police had to get involved because people obtained her personal information. She had to change her finals schedule. Everybody at that school now knows who she is. She's going to be ostracized by her peers no doubt.

I think she should be given a slap on that wrist by administration, but she shouldn't have her life ruined by one thoughtless video. I think the backlash that has happened since she posted that video is more than enough punishment.

Source(s): half-Asian
  • 9 years ago

I was okay with it, I mean I am asian, and yes its true that we shouldn't talk on our cellphones, but did she actually NEED to go all "ching chang chong" ?! and when she bashes asians, talking about how they invite over their family? i mean i don't see what wrong with that, and i don't like the fact that she just categorizes it as "asians" its normal for a person to invite their family over. So this chick is completely, just ridiculous.

• gosney
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

you're precise it fairly is 2010 and not all people must be brainwashed and purchase into the hype of IR relationship. they decide to be with their adult males and that they see you as hindrances of their way. maximum folk date and marry their own that's a certainty, they dont like the certainty which you're making it extra durable for them to hit upon what they want. IR relationship does no longer resolve racial issues, i dont be attentive to why minorities have faith it does, it basically wipes you out and via default there will be much less racial problems with the help of distinctive function of you removing yourselves, no longer because of the fact of mutual awareness, so it fairly is not precisely a victory because of the fact it consequences in the destruction and nullification of minorities in the top. i'd like there to be no racism and all and sundry to get an prolonged, yet wiping out your genes is a cop out. you're fairly admitting we cant sit down and understand one yet another, and that one people must be wiped out so we arent hated anymore, subsequently i dont IR

• 9 years ago

She's an idiot and I'm surprised that she even got into college. The girl should be punished for having absolutely NO common sense.

• 9 years ago

It seemed like her "bashing" was more on Koreans. I don't condone what she did; heck, I mean she has balls for doing that. I also think that she was just presenting facts. When she was discussing the cell phone problem I think that that was something that was ok and factual. Yet when she started talking about their families I think she is just going to have to get over the fact that they have strong family bonds; and there's nothing wrong with that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.