Do my beliefs fall under the category of feminism?

I don't really understand what feminism is and I think the definition varies from person to person so I want to know how people perceive this. I believe in equality. Plain and simple, but for both sexes. I don't necessarily reject traditional gender roles if that's the way people want to live their... show more I don't really understand what feminism is and I think the definition varies from person to person so I want to know how people perceive this.

I believe in equality. Plain and simple, but for both sexes. I don't necessarily reject traditional gender roles if that's the way people want to live their lives, but I do have a problem when they are expected of the person and someone is treated differently because he or she does not adhere to those gender roles. I despise things like Woman's History Month because I think they further promote discrimination.

I'm really not sure what else to say or how else to explain this. I just don't understand the difference between feminism and striving for gender equality, or if there is one at all.