What the hell is cloudfront.net?

What ever it is it keeps trying to attack my computer from different websites, including yahoo mail and subeta.net. I open the link provided Norton and it's always from http://d2qv82yc3u9tc7.cloudfront.net/ <--I do not recommend clicking on the link.

When ever I sign in to Y! mail or some pages on subeta Norton blocks it and says it's a malicious website. It just started a few days ago.

Anyone know what the hell it is and why it's trying to let loose Trojans on my computer? I've looked it up and I found nothing.

Favorite Answer

clear your internet cache and temporary files.

You should be all clear after then.

CloudFront.net is not a web site. It is a redirect to Amazon CloudFront. Amazon CloudFront is a web service for content delivery. It integrates with other Amazon Web Services to give developers and businesses an easy way to distribute content to end users with low latency, high data transfer speeds, and no commitments. It is a pay-as-you-go service.

.

I have the same problem, i installed kaspersky full internet protection 2014 and my internet is no longer working unless i disable kaspersky. When Kaspersky is turned on and i try to open google chrome or internet explorer then i get the message RocketTab] The socket connection to d1ge9gepfw1oo6.cloudfront.net failed.

ErrorCode: 10061.

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 54.230.174.5:80

How can i fix this problem, i tried everything within my knowledge, cleared browser history etc, nothing works

Amazon Cloudfront is a cloud based Content Delivery Web Service by Amazon Web Services.It integrates with other Amazon Web Services like S3, EC2 etc to give developers and businesses an easy way to distribute content to end users with low cost, low latency, high data transfer speeds, and no commitments. It is a pay-as-you-go service. Payment of Amazon CloudFront is based on amount of data transfer and requests like http, https etc not based on per hourly as many other Amazon Web Services. AWS also provides free tier to their customers receive 50 GB Data Transfer Out and 2,000,000 HTTP and HTTPS Requests each month for one year.

Use uBlock Origin, it is by far the best ad and tracker blocker out there. You can find it on the Chrome store and addons.mozilla.org. If you have Firefox for Android it will even run on that. Unfortunately Chrome for Android doesn't support addons, which is a huge deficiency in my opinion and I won't use it until they do.

If you are using Firefox try the NOSCRIPT plug-in. Then you can block any script you do not want. It takes a while to figure who is who to allow the needed scripts to display the features of a given web site but in time you'll find most are ID'ed and pages load MUCH faster.

Although Cloudnet is a legitimate business, there are viruses that exploit it that have been inserted into other software you may download. It takes over the Cloudnet adware with annoying popups to more malware. There are ways of removing it so look around.

you would also need to clear the cache of FlashPlayer, as Cloudfront always uses this for storing some valuable data for them... now, how to clear that? Two ways. The first: right-click on any Flash-Applet and choose "Properties", then: "local", and then you can delete it. Second (if the first does not work): my computer -> properties - Flash Properties, then the same.

fact: Cloudfront is a website and same for amazonaws (aws.amazon.com),(cloudfront.net)and(markmonitor.com)you do not even have to make an account or register for this to pop up in cmd or even have flash installed as this is a new pc-format and it just popped up , if you want it gone i did a download of peerblock 1.1 and blocked the 3 above websites as they have/use thousands of random changing servers that end with cloudfront but in most cases compute1-amazonaws.com you can also go to control panel and in internet options use the 3 above in the restricted tab section or block them with ghostery (A firefox addon). but peerblock in fact works the best of them all !

See In Simple Words ,

Amazon Cloudfront ( cloudfront.net ) is a Content Delivery Web Service By Amazon Web Services !

Actually Its Been used by The Website Owners So That Content Is Shown In The Browsers Fastly or for the fast Downloads Purpose .

As Per my View ,

CloudFront or Amazon Doesnt Have To Do Anything With the virus problem .

Suerely its Coming From The Website You Are Visiting ( subeta.net )

You Can Do These Things For Prevention

---> Just Clear Your Browser Cache , cookies !

---> Do a Virus Scan on Your P.C Or Mac ! There are many Free and Paid Antivirus out There !

---> Reboot(Restart ) Your P.C !

---> iF needed Reinstall Your P.C

Cloudfront