Crockett asked in SportsMartial Arts · 9 years ago

Why isn't UFC more entertaining and mixed?

UFC is OK in my opinion from what I've seen but I always think it could be much more entertaining and fun whenever I watch it. Basically ever match is two fighters that are reluctant to strike each other and all the sudden there's a burst of strikes and they end up against each other on the ground or the cage. To me it's boring and predictable.

If up to me I'd make it a lot more fun and entertaining. I think it would be awesome if they had fast, skilled karate fighters facing off and exchanging kicks and punches. Also it would be awesome if they faced off fast karate guys against big wrestler guys and stuff like that to mix it up and make it fun. Also they could have costumes and alter egos like in fake wrestling.

Best Answer

"Also it would be awesome if they faced off fast karate guys against big wrestler guys and stuff like that to mix it up and make it fun."

Welcome to 1993. Spoiler alert: the wrestlers win.

The UFC began as a style-vs-style format. It showed pretty decisively that if you don't know any grappling, you'll get beaten by a grappler. That's why the sport is MIXED Martial Arts, and by the time they get to the UFC, most MMA fighters have the good sense to be skilled in multiple fighting disciplines. Even guys like Anderson Silva, Georges St-Pierre, Thiago Alves, and Marcus Davis, who all started with striking-only backgrounds, only became successful once they blended grappling into their training.

"Also they could have costumes and alter egos like in fake wrestling."

No. MMA is real and genuine. There's nothing hidden. Alter egos are stupid. Costumes get in the way of actual fighting. MMA is a fighting contest. Accept it for what it is.

"Basically ever match is two fighters that are reluctant to strike each other and all the sudden there's a burst of strikes and they end up against each other on the ground or the cage."

Then you've been watching the wrong fighters. Check out Spencer Fisher, Chris Leben, Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Silva, "Shogun" Rua, Forrest Griffin, Frankie Edgar, BJ Penn, Thiago Alves, Alessio Sakara, and Cyrill Diabate. Also, educate yourself what's going on in the clinch and on the ground. Learn about takedowns, submissions, guard sweeps and passes, clinch controls, etc. An educated fan is a happy fan.

• rini

UFC is not violent in any respect. But perhaps that is because of my cautious definition of violence that's so much narrower than what so much different humans incorporate in, reminiscent of bar fights or social/anti-social combating. UFC may be very so much a social product, neither asocial nor anti-social. True violence most effective lies within the asocial. That that's past the manipulate, impact, and boundary of society. Much of UFC's enchantment has been indexed above. I could say that this can be a role of society. Society wishes leisure and contributors of society are inclined to make use of the cash they have got earned to pay reliable opponents to be taught tips on how to battle all yr circular and entertain them in suits. That's approximately it, relatively.

The last thing these fighters have on their minds is entertaining the fans. They want to win. They're fighters, not wrestlers on WWE. Thats the great thing about the UFC. It isn't gay wrestling, with a fake storyline or flamboyent costumes. This is a fight...not a fashion show.

The reason we don't see 'fast karate guys' is because they aren't good against MMA fighters. MMA fighters would easily overwhelm them, and then it becomes very one-sided, and short, the opposite of what you want.

That's the way it used to be, when the intent was to showcase style versus style, with little rules and no weight classes.

It has matured into a legitimate sport that requires rules, as well as having consequences for just throwing wild haymakers to entertain some random WWE fan that happened to come across MMA.

If you find MMA to be boring, you may want to stop being a fan, or you can just look up UFC+knockouts on YouTube.

Source(s): I heard Justin Bheiver likes little boys

You know there are strictly striking sports. Maybe you should watch K-1 because its obvious from your statement that you know nothing about MMA.

Also pirates are gay. Its historical fact. Those flamboyant colors & long sea journeys in those days resulted in you know...guys getting a little lonely.

its not like the movies, neither is it a street fight or tournament, every blow thrown counts, every punch has the potential to knock them out. so ya they ll circle each other and throw one or two punches, but only because they themselves don't want to get messed up.that burst you're talking about is an opening they see and they're taking it. in the ufc, swinging wildly without strategy always has the potential to backfire.

put on some hd 3-d goggles and watch it in 3-d

• Ricky

Real fighting doesnt look pretty. Even if your the highest black belt level i bet you you wont see all that flashy stuff..

you havent watched much mma have you?

Because UFC fighters are gay, they are called NAKED HUG FIGHTERS, because they like to feel each other's body naked, but they don't want to admit it. I've known a couple of MMA fighters who are training for the reason that they hug and feel another naked man's body!